Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

You aint been watching us lately then.
Hell if you’re going off lately, LM is by far our most needed. Haven’t seen anyone out there in 2 games.

We have lost every battle this year in the middle of the park. Lampard and Chelsea played us like a fiddle and used us compensating for our weakness at CM as their biggest asset. An 18 year old, an 21 year old, and heckin Ross Barkley were made to appear like 2007 Xavi Iniesta and Yaya Touré.

You can also play a game without RMs but you can’t play without CMs

Last edited:
I've been reading that same thing for the last two years though. How much more time does he need?
Neither Dom nor Tom are lasting options for the club. They are too far behind on the curve in key areas that the best they can hope for is to get better at what they are already proficient in and be on a team that hides there flaws tactically

Hell if you’re going off lately, LM is by far our most needed. Haven’t seen anyone out there in 2 games.

We have lost every battle this year in the middle of the park. Lampard and Chelsea played us like a fiddle and used us compensating for our weakness at CM as their biggest asset. An 18 year old, an 21 year old, and heckin Ross Barkley were made to appear like 2007 Xavi Iniesta and Yaya Touré.

You can also play a game without RMs but you can’t play without CMs

Right
Back

Whatever we have done for the last 5 years, don't do that.

That should be our strategy.

Pretty much this. We are comparing signings, we can't sign older players because of Delph, we'll I'd take a Gareth Barry all day. Despite Vlasic, Onyekuru and Lookman not working out, we made money from them. So I'm all for taking punts on them type of players too. There isn't a correct model, just good old scouting.

We need to just sign good football players with the right attitude and more importantly some energetic and athletic players.

Gomes, JPG, Davies.

Walcott, Sidibe
Coleman, Sidibe

I know where I'd strengthen first considering the glut of goals the right-hand side has cost us lately.

Gomes- doesn’t work in 2 man system
JPG- played 1 1/2 games
Davies- poor physically, poor technically, fell off the progression curve of his age group

Goals coming out wide due playing with 2 compact banks of 4 to prevent teams attacking through the middle leaving our outside mids and fullbacks isolated in 1v1 situations. Sidibe is great defensively when defending with the team but isolate him and he’s as bad as Cuco.

Going back to Chelsea 3/4 goals were the fault of the CMs/CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.