Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using these 3 as benchmarks;

RB: Emerson (Betis/Barca) £17.5mil
CM: Hojbjerg (Southampton (£14mil-£18mil)
CB: Gabriel (Lille) £20mil

Thats around £55mil

Pickford
Emerson Holgate Gabriel Digne
??? Hojbjerg ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL

We can cover sales of £55mil from Mina/Keane, Bernard, Delph, Sigurdsson and the deadwood.

So i think we'll be looking at a spend on the 2 remaining players with other costs covered.

Wed probably get that amount for Davies + Delph so its a no brainer for me. Even if hes a good ball winner and sideways passer who is fit then its a step up.
Think are main priority is a whole new midfield. 2 at least. If this hojbjerg comes in we need a super fit midfielder who gets up and down the pitch. Our midfield is so slow and if the ball goes to richy or dcl they dont get up to support them..

So
Priority
2 or 3 midfielders
1 proven goalscorer

Not in europe so Keane, holgate and braithwaite for cb. I'd get rid of mina. Nice fella but not done much and injury prone. Get good money for him and geta cb, gabriel haven't seen play so can't comment and a good right back, emerson haven't seen play
But midfield is the main priority this window

Even though i like what Gordon has shown, i would not consider him a starter for next season. Back up with Walcott/Iwobi (if we cant get rid of him lol). So we need 2 wide players in truth. But that would mean Brands shifting quite a lot, because i doubt we want Sigurdsson, Gomes, Davies, Gbamin, Delph all on the bench. Maybe a midfield of Gomes, Allan and Hojbjerg with 1 winger will work. Still doubt though Hojbjerg will come to us

Yep true on Gordon. Should really have someone to compete with on the left and on the right we have nothing.

We actually 'need'

1 × LM
2 × RM
4 × CM

lol

The hojbjerg deal makes sense at £14-18mil if hes a Carsley type. If hes one of 4 we bring in over the next couple of summers.

Think are main priority is a whole new midfield. 2 at least. If this hojbjerg comes in we need a super fit midfielder who gets up and down the pitch. Our midfield is so slow and if the ball goes to richy or dcl they dont get up to support them..

So
Priority
2 or 3 midfielders
1 proven goalscorer

Not in europe so Keane, holgate and braithwaite for cb. I'd get rid of mina. Nice fella but not done much and injury prone. Get good money for him and geta cb, gabriel haven't seen play so can't comment and a good right back, emerson haven't seen play
But midfield is the main priority this window

We wont do anything without a starting RB + CB.

We also could do with Gordon + an entire new midfield 3 and rotation options.

I think we'll see some turnover there this summer.

As for CBs...Holgare right + Branthwaite left and we need two more.

Id sell Keane and Mina to raise funds of circa £50mil

Yep true on Gordon. Should really have someone to compete with on the left and on the right we have nothing.

We actually 'need'

1 × LM
2 × RM
4 × CM

lol

The hojbjerg deal makes sense at £14-18mil if hes a Carsley type. If hes one of 4 we bring in over the next couple of summers.

And have Holgate and Braithwaite as first choices with Gibson and ??? as back up? Not just yet.

And have Holgate and Braithwaite as first choices with Gibson and ??? as back up? Not just yet.

No.

Sell Keane and Mina for £50-60mil.

Start Holgate + New u21 rotation option
Start new signing + Branthwaite rotation option

Gibson on loan to championship.

Mina is getting too many injuries and Keane will revert to type before long especially if we want to play higher up the pitch.

CB: 6 months ago I’d have said sell Keane. Now I say keep Keane and sell Mina. He’s never really convinced and he’s made of glass. Holgate is now established. Gibbo and branflake look like decent backup. Not a priority , but if we can get the lad from Lille then loan branflake out for a season. I think he’s going to be immense in a couple of years. RB I’ve decided neither JJK or Sidibe are good enough. Not seeing too much quality in the pl, outside of the top few clubs, so get some young flyer from abroad who’ll relegate Seamus to backup within a few months. Pickers has just had the dreaded vote of confidence from the boss and rightly so. Take your pick from some very decent keepers out there with Limbs of non dinosaur dimensions. Forster/McCarthy from Southampton, that united keeper on loan to Sheffield United, Pope, etc. all better than our lad. Defence sorted.

Hojbjerg is the kind of signing that we need at the moment.

Experienced, right age and in a position we desperately need to fill.

It's a low-key signing similar to Gueye was but a key position. Looking at his peers in that position like Fabinho, Matic he has quite similar stats so it's that type of player who keeps play moving and breaks up the opposition.

His lack of goals and assists is a concern:
108 games (Prem) - 4 goals - 4 assists
But with a Midfield of Davies, Sigurdsson, Gomes and Delph who this season have contributed between them this season: 3 goals and 4 assists. We need to find more creative players.

Anything under £20m is a good start.

We actually 'need'

1 × LM
2 × RM
4 × CM

lol

....it’s a fair point you make about ‘Carsley type’. It takes real discipline to play that role and Carsley was brilliant at it. Somebody with ability to protect the back four will really help.

We can't be starting a season with Holgate and Branthwaite as the two starting CB. Tbh, I actually don't think CB is that big a priority for us, I think the fact we have no protection in midfield makes them look worse than they are. For me, Holgate, Mina, Keane and then a youth prospect of Brainthwait or Gibson is fine. If we bring in Gabriel we need to move one of Mina and Keane on. We can't have four first CB wages on the books.

I would rather we spent all of our money on the middle of the park tbh and a RB. I would also like to see Carlo move to a 442 diamond like played at Milan. I think it would bring out the best in Gomes and we have no wingers anyway.

Hojbjerg
Gomes Allan
Gordon

You could then have Hojbjerg dropping back into a back three when the two wingbacks bomb forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.