Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lists of which position we need to strengthen are pointless. Other than left back you could argue they all need replacing. No chance we’re bringing in 7+ first teams in the next window

We probably need;

Goalkeeper - Proper backup to Pickford, Lossl looks dirt in the Championship and Virginia by all accounts failed at Reading.

CB - Needs no explanation this. One of Keane/Mina ain't good enough for a European football chasing side

LB - Depending on Baines future we may need a backup for Digne.

CM x 2 - Need to see rid of Delph, Davies and Gylfi and replace with at least 2 starting caliber central mids. Prob impossible to get rid of Delph and Gylfi because of their current wage. Would also probably have to keep one in order to have 4 CMs in the squad.

RM - Walcott currently our best option here, could do with being replaced but another one we won't be able to shift his wages.

LM - Undecided on Bernard here, showed glimpses but so inconsistent

ST - Can't see us buying a striker, Carlo's spoken about how good he thinks DCL is and how next season will be different for Kean..

2 CMs and a CB is priority for me.
RB mate? Bernard needs to go. On massive money and would get few quid from abroad

Willing to give Kenny a couple of months at RB to see what he's like after his Bundesliga stint. Coleman as backup.

I wouldn't be against replacing Bernard, just can't see us making wholesale changes in the summer
I think we will have to cut our losses on players on high wages in order to bring in 3 or 4 that I expect to come in . Its getting takers for these the issue so will be stuck with some of them regardless of the fume from our fans.

Id love JJK to be first choice but don't think hes the answer . Carlo will look at him no doubt and maybe knows already. Coleman can not be first choice next season.

Even though i like what Gordon has shown, i would not consider him a starter for next season. Back up with Walcott/Iwobi (if we cant get rid of him lol). So we need 2 wide players in truth. But that would mean Brands shifting quite a lot, because i doubt we want Sigurdsson, Gomes, Davies, Gbamin, Delph all on the bench. Maybe a midfield of Gomes, Allan and Hojbjerg with 1 winger will work. Still doubt though Hojbjerg will come to us
Agreed, Gordon will be used sparingly over the next couple of seasons. He will be managed carefully by CA as Pep has done at City with Foden.

Whoever we sign just need to get them done early, like now. Werner and Ziyech already training with Chelsea will get that extra time to bed in. What is the time frame from this season finishing to the next one starting? Like 3 weeks or summat? No real time to build a side.

He deserves a chance at least, The lad has hardly had a sniff. I know we sent him out on loan but jesus Pickford was hardly top of his game when he was here.

I liked him at Huddersfield mate reminds me a bit of Martin, hes not the modern sweeper keeper, but a good traditional keeper.

We often disregard no 2's but perhaps the lack of pressure on Pickford is part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.