Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Barcelona so keen to shift this "world class" talent at an apparently cheap price? They're not exactly flush with CB's themselves.

In fairness Barca are absolutely skint. Trying to fund a move for that Martinez from Inter.

I don't know much about Todibo though. I watched him, like everyone else, get bulled by Dortmund then go off injured without impressing in the slightest. Probably unfair to make our minds up based on one game but like someone said, it's a lot of money for someone who's played roughly 20 senior games in his career.

Why are Barcelona so keen to shift this "world class" talent at an apparently cheap price? They're not exactly flush with CB's themselves.

Yeah Todibo is a no for me. Would prefer us to go with what we have at CB and keep Gibson and Branthwaite as cover then to spunk 20M+ for this project. If we're going to spend on a CB I want it to be someone who can step in right away and improved us, like Thiago Silva or Gabriel.

Any new centre-back needs to be brought in with a view to him becoming a permanent partner for Holgate, and should thus be an absolute animal.

At 18 he played 10 games for Toulouse after breaking through and was considered their best defensive prospect in many years + they offered him a record deal which he turned down (apparently he felt they should have backed him earlier). A month after turning 19 in the jan window he agreed to join barca at the end of the season and toulouse dropped him -- so he would have played more games for them 18-19.

At Barca he played a handful of games and their fans loved him due to his game against inter when he marked Lautaro (who barca want to sign for £100+ mil) out of the match and won motm.

Their fans seemed quite angry about the Schalke option to buy and their board has been a transfer shambles for a few seasons.

If that was the Dortmund game i agree 101%.

But that inter vs barca game he was immense.

Not sure whether the dortmund game was a one off and/or lets not forget schalke have been shocking after the restart.

Before the restart he had just won their player of the month and german media and ex players were raving about him.

I don’t know what game and I don’t really care if I’m honest. CB is at the bottom of the “what we need” list

Why do you ask? don't you believe me, I switched on tv to watch 4 of the last games played by Schalake 04 mainly to watch J.J. Kenny as it happens and so was able to see Tobido play and in my view he was rubbish, incidentally I also watched the American lad that we have been linked with, cant remember his name at the moment but he did catch my eye as a decent player.

Why do you ask? don't you believe me, I switched on tv to watch 4 of the last games played by Schalake 04 mainly to watch J.J. Kenny as it happens and so was able to see Tobido play and in my view he was rubbish, incidentally I also watched the American lad that we have been linked with, cant remember his name at the moment but he did catch my eye as a decent player.

I do believe you (dont see any reason to lie about this lol ) though Todibo played 95mins in total since the restart due to being injured before half time in the 1st game back against Dortmund.

Hes also not physically played in 4 matches since the restart. Hence why i asked.

As for Todibo being "rubbish" that seems to be the assumption from every poster here who watched the first 45mins of the Dortmund game in which he was injured (and rubbish before incurring the injury).

I do believe you (dont see any reason to lie about this lol ) though Todibo played 95mins in total since the restart due to being injured before half time in the 1st game back against Dortmund.

Hes also not physically played in 4 matches since the restart. Hence why i asked.

As for Todibo being "rubbish" that seems to be the assumption from every poster here who watched the first 45mins of the Dortmund game in which he was injured (and rubbish before incurring the injury).
Yes I did watch to be exact three and a half matches because he then went off half way through the second match injured, he then missed the next game but came back for the next 2 games. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding, no hard feelings.

We need @Tofeenut back to let us know who's doing medicals at Pall Mall. Think him/her was chased away with the abuse when the Gabriel move didnt go through. Think its been proven now though that he/she was correct.

....I’d be concerned that he’s played just 22 first team games in his career. Barcelona got him for free, he played 4 games and they sent him on loan giving Schalke an option to buy.

According to Wiki he’s only played 8 games for Schalke. I watched him in one and he was bereft of quality, positioning and attitude. The attitude factor is a major concern to me.

This one would be a major test for Brands, he must clearly like what he sees and is prepared to back himself. I have my doubts but Brands is being paid lots of money to get these things right.

He would probably be OK in Holland and a club like PSV would not pay anything like £20m for him. I would rather we buy someone with more experience than him. My worry is that he will probably come in and be 4th choice and not be good enough to challenge for a place, therefore he wont really play and we will end up selling him for a lot less than we paid in 18 months time

Status
Not open for further replies.