Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt paying much attention to specific players but watched Inter vs Barca and he was world class at centre back. Not like "Oh hes going to be world class", literally world class.

So much so that if he played like that every game he'd be the best (or one of the best) centre back in the premier league.

I also watched him in defensive midfield on his debut (i think) for barca and he was being eased in...also did fine. Great passing ability but kept it simple.

He also got player of the month for schalke before the lockdown.

He was pretty shocking against Haaland in the match after the restart and went off injured.

At the end of the day, hes meant to be someone who trains hard, is a proper baller at centre back, quick and apparently a leader in the youth sides.

Massive potential but ive hardly seen him. One of these new French centre backs whove 'got the lot' but need to be trained positionally and taught to keep it simple.

Imo if were looking for a starter on day 1 its a no. However if hes a rotation RB / DM / CB for a season learning under Ancelotti then its a massive yes from me.

To compare with anyone, id say Stones when we first signed him. Someone with huge potential but needs to be taught to focus on the basics and not do the 'hollywood' turns all the time or overplay.

I guess its whether you think someone like Stones would have become a different player under Ancelotti rather than Martinez.

....I’d be concerned that he’s played just 22 first team games in his career. Barcelona got him for free, he played 4 games and they sent him on loan giving Schalke an option to buy.

According to Wiki he’s only played 8 games for Schalke. I watched him in one and he was bereft of quality, positioning and attitude. The attitude factor is a major concern to me.

This one would be a major test for Brands, he must clearly like what he sees and is prepared to back himself. I have my doubts but Brands is being paid lots of money to get these things right.

....I’d be concerned that he’s played just 22 first team games in his career. Barcelona got him for free, he played 4 games and they sent him on loan giving Schalke an option to buy.

According to Wiki he’s only played 8 games for Schalke. I watched him in one and he was bereft of quality, positioning and attitude. The attitude factor is a major concern to me.

This one would be a major test for Brands, he must clearly like what he sees and is prepared to back himself. I have my doubts but Brands is being paid lots of money to get these things right.

he looked awful in the one game I saw him, his positional sense was not there

It’s because Barca bought him people automatically assume he’s magical

I just don't understand why we are looking at surplus players from CL clubs most of them aren't good enough.

....he looks fast enough, but I didn’t notice much physicality. Taller than Holgate but similarly slight. I’d be disappointed and a little surprised if we’re interested.

Saying that, it’s Brands opinion that matters and i think @Zatara is an admirer and he watches a lot more footy than me.

....he looks fast enough, but I didn’t notice much physicality. Taller than Holgate but a similarly slight. I’d be disappointed and a little surprised if we’re interested.

Saying that, it’s Brands opinion that matters and i think @Zatara is an admirer and he watches a lot more footy than me.

when you look at our ineptitude in the middle of the park, and no creative outlet on the right; adding a “could be good” CB to the mix does not help our course one bit

At 18 he played 10 games for Toulouse after breaking through and was considered their best defensive prospect in many years + they offered him a record deal which he turned down (apparently he felt they should have backed him earlier). A month after turning 19 in the jan window he agreed to join barca at the end of the season and toulouse dropped him -- so he would have played more games for them 18-19.

At Barca he played a handful of games and their fans loved him due to his game against inter when he marked Lautaro (who barca want to sign for £100+ mil) out of the match and won motm.

Their fans seemed quite angry about the Schalke option to buy and their board has been a transfer shambles for a few seasons.

If that was the Dortmund game i agree 101%.

But that inter vs barca game he was immense.

Not sure whether the dortmund game was a one off and/or lets not forget schalke have been shocking after the restart.

Before the restart he had just won their player of the month and german media and ex players were raving about him.

At 18 he played 10 games for Toulouse after breaking through and was considered their best defensive prospect in many years + they offered him a record deal which he turned down (apparently he felt they should have backed him earlier). A month after turning 19 in the jan window he agreed to join barca at the end of the season and toulouse dropped him -- so he would have played more games for them 18-19.

At Barca he played a handful of games and their fans loved him due to his game against inter when he marked Lautaro (who barca want to sign for £100+ mil) out of the match and won motm.

Their fans seemed quite angry about the Schalke option to buy and their board has been a transfer shambles for a few seasons.

If that was the Dortmund game i agree 101%.

But that inter vs barca game he was immense.

Not sure whether the dortmund game was a one off and/or lets not forget schalke have been shocking after the restart.

Before the restart he had just won their player of the month and german media and ex players were raving about him.

....cheers Zat, that’s a welcome insight.

I wasnt paying much attention to specific players but watched Inter vs Barca and he was world class at centre back. Not like "Oh hes going to be world class", literally world class.

So much so that if he played like that every game he'd be the best (or one of the best) centre back in the premier league.

I also watched him in defensive midfield on his debut (i think) for barca and he was being eased in...also did fine. Great passing ability but kept it simple.

He also got player of the month for schalke before the lockdown.

He was pretty shocking against Haaland in the match after the restart and went off injured.

At the end of the day, hes meant to be someone who trains hard, is a proper baller at centre back, quick and apparently a leader in the youth sides.

Massive potential but ive hardly seen him. One of these new French centre backs whove 'got the lot' but need to be trained positionally and taught to keep it simple.

Imo if were looking for a starter on day 1 its a no. However if hes a rotation RB / DM / CB for a season learning under Ancelotti then its a massive yes from me.

To compare with anyone, id say Stones when we first signed him. Someone with huge potential but needs to be taught to focus on the basics and not do the 'hollywood' turns all the time or overplay.

I guess its whether you think someone like Stones would have become a different player under Ancelotti rather than Martinez.

Why are Barcelona so keen to shift this "world class" talent at an apparently cheap price? They're not exactly flush with CB's themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.