Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love McKennie to come here, as he possess the pace/power and attitude our CM is severely lacking, but if I was him I'd probably pick somewhere else. We are basically the Schalke of the PL, without the occasional CL appearance. Not really an upgrade.

He is exactly what we need and fits the recruitment profile. 21 years old, box to box, snide. And most importantly and what seems to be overlooked - he is AMERICAN. The club is shouting from the rooftops about our drive into the US, this is the way to fast track it, get one of their best players to play for Everton. A tick on the field and off the field for me.

I mean once the season ends and Europe is out the way there is a month before most seasons start.

France and Holland will start in August I think as well, August should be pretty crazy, swaps and loans AOTS.

He is exactly what we need and fits the recruitment profile. 21 years old, box to box, snide. And most importantly and what seems to be overlooked - he is AMERICAN. The club is shouting from the rooftops about our drive into the US, this is the way to fast track it, get one of their best players to play for Everton. A tick on the field and off the field for me.
Your username is aussie toffee not American toffee haha

I am sat here spent 15 minutes thinking who would sign Sigurdsson or Bolasie for example.

Sigurdsson has been lambasted on Sky for two weeks, Bolasie failed loans.

There’s £60+ of spending there and I would be made up if we got £10 Million for both of them.

There’s no denying Brands has a huge task on his hands not all of his own making either, still.

We await the proof of him actually being backed.

So far we've heard from the club there wont be major changes. That is perfect grounds for people to be concerned that CA won't be backed.

well he’s said himself he’s getting backed in the transfer market every other manager has been backed so your point is well pointless

well he’s said himself he’s getting backed in the transfer market every other manager has been backed so your point is well pointless

Let’s wait and see, we all have our own personal opinion on whether we will spend but none of us know.

What we can all agree on though is he we can’t afford to waste the opportunity that is Carlo.

I am sat here spent 15 minutes thinking who would sign Sigurdsson or Bolasie for example.

There’s £60+ of spending there and I would be made up if we got £10 Million for both of them.

There’s no denying Brands has a huge task on his hands not all of his own making either, still.

*£70m

We wont be buying no fat American.

That fat American could bat his eyes and incite terror in all the flaccid Brits and Euros we have in our squad, bar Holgate.

But like I said, he can do a lot better than our lame squad. I wouldn't want to play with the cowards that fill out ranks.

Well its not pointless is it. Brands said himself there wont be major changes, no names etc. CA said we will improve the quality of the squad. Signing 1 better player does that but it doesnt mean hes been backed.. Secondly, it's BECAUSE we have backed other managers that we may not be able to back CA. We are stuck with absolute dross stealing a living. We may have to sell to buy, and if we can't sell....

We dont know what the situation is going to be this summer. Brands has made it clear taht we have to bring down the wages to then invest them better.

Sigurdsson won't want to be a bench warmer and he equally won't want to start every week in a league where's he's run off the pitch - the guys ego can't take it. I would imagine his agent is already looking to find him a new club and we'll take what we can get. If he went to Holland or the MLS you might get another couple of years out of him.

Undoubtedly, but this club is always too good to go down, yeah they lack effort, but they've done that all season, shown no fight, but they've still been good enough to beat decent teams.

If our fans watched teams like villa and Bournemouth every week they'd realise we're so far away from being a team that'll be in a relegation fight.
I like your confidence and I hope things are better next season. I wrote my comments in a pit of despair. I went to my first game in 1977 and saw the great team in the 80’s.Now it just feels like we just survive. There is no excitement, just existence. I figure that if you keep on doing that, whilst losing a fortune, the luck will eventually run out, and no team Is guaranteed survival.

I was looking at that squad and realising how poor it is and how hamstrung we are to do anything about it.

Ive been up-beat on here over signings and appointments only to be bitterly disappointed. I had high hopes las summer as Brands previous dealings seemed promising. could well turn out to be the worst in the division.

Whilst we finally have a manager capable of greatness, we will probably have limited ability to support him, at least for a season as a lot of the baggage leaves next summer.
Another summer like last year and we’re finished. We would have an awful squad and no way of rectifying it.

Sigurdsson won't want to be a bench warmer and he equally won't want to start every week in a league where's he's run off the pitch - the guys ego can't take it. I would imagine his agent is already looking to find him a new club and we'll take what we can get. If he went to Holland or the MLS you might get another couple of years out of him.
Holland is a good shout, but bar Ajax i'm not sure any of them have any money. Maybe he would fancy a return to Hoffenheim. They have Europa league and might pay 10-15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.