Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually quite a fan of this 'sign all our rivals best players' policy. Very Bayern Munich. Except we're sensible enough to look below us too and recognise where we are just now.

£12.5m Arnautovic
£25m Sigurdsson

Great start that, creative, score goals, proven, weakens the teams around us. Maybe throw a Van Dijk in there too.
I agree. It seems like good business. Arnautovic was Stokes best player last season, and I wouldnt be shocked if we saw him going to chelski to warm the bench or something like that. Insted, we seem to pinch him for a very good price. If this goes through, Ill be a happy man. How people could complain on us gettin the best player from a team that finished above us last season is beyond me.

Underwhelmed by the lack of activity so far, even more underwhelmed to the likes we are now being linked with.

Almost August and all we have is a reserve goalie. Very poor by anyone's standards that.

"According to reports coming from Daily Star, Chelsea are ready to splash £40m to lure former player Romelu Lukaku to Stamford Bridge. Although Everton is reluctant to let their prized asset go, Chelsea is confident that a big money bid will force the Merseyside club to sell Lukaku."

In all seriousness, where on earth do the rags get these figures from? You could have been on holiday for 3 of the last 4 weeks and STILL know that figure is barely over half what we're asking. Why even publish this? 10 second Google search and you'd be flooded with figures north of £60M. I know it's lazy journalism but come on now...

If we can get Sigurdsson, Arnautavic and a decent centre half in (maybe Fonte) to replace Stones then it weakens the teams around us I guess that we will probably be competing with.

Marquee signings look a bit of a pipe dream now. I guess we all stand to be pleasantly surprised if we pulled one off.

Out of the players who could be considered marquee then if we managed to get 2 out of the 4 of Carvalho, Mata, Witsel or Koubilaly then we would have to consider that a bit of a result.

Problem is with sort of missed the boat on investment everyone has money now city got it at the right time.
Yep and the likes of the RS Chelsea City Arsenal with the new TV deal will see their turnovers over the £400 million barrier when the results are in 2017-2018,United will hit over £500 million.

What that means is those clubs can spend 100-150 million every summer without affecting it effecting their FFP,United print money so they could spend 200 million plus every summer.

Those clubs all have bigger matchday & commercial revenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.