Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still never understand the logistics with city spending stupid amounts like £50m on youngsters, purely because of their potential. Chances are they'll never ever be worth that kind off fee ever again, and if they do they'd be in their prime ... So why not buy them then when they're a cert. Look at how much they can pay for a nolito in his prime. Hope we never spend massively on potential in the future. Go big on players in their prime.

..I was told last week by somebody in the club how we baulked at paying £1m for a promising youngster called Gareth Bale. True story.

Like many others here, I find myself vacillating between calling for heads and calling for patience, and I think, both ideas could be right.

On the positive, Ron must have said something to Rom to quell his calls for transfer. On the negative some promises must have been made, promises of new players. And promises aren't fulfilled by rumors and bids. New players must be brought in sooner rather than later.

It's not too difficult to envision a near future where no adequately big names are brought in, we lose 2-0 to Spurs, Rom submits transfer request, we line up with Kone and mirallas in week two and panic pay an arm and a leg plus 30 mil for Enner Valencia and Shane Long.

I'm probably exaggerating and spiraling into negativity, but some signings in the next couple weeks are vital. Longer it goes on the more chance of jumping ship and overpaying for targets. Must be an Everton fan trait to assume the worst.

Ok, there's my fan fiction for the week.
Vacillating :D

Add this to the GOT dictionary. My IQ just increased 10 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.