Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was to choose one post, any post, to symbolise everything I mock about the transfer window thread it would be this.

Wanting to swap Mirallas AND money for an unheard of 16 year old Italian.

And he wonders why.
Tbf hes pretty boss that keeper

I remember another young keeper that was first choice for all the international levels, everyone raved about him, he was going to be the next big thing, played for a top club, european experience at a young age etc. I wonder what happened to him?

Think his name was richard Wright?

No keeper at a young age is worth investing in to that extent mate, would you want another wright/simosen as first choice?

No but a Gigi Buffon, Jack Butland, Joe Hart, David De Gea, Manuel Neuer type keeper would be much welcome.....

No but a Gigi Buffon, Jack Butland, Joe Hart, David De Gea, Manuel Neuer type keeper would be much welcome.....

I suppose the only way we find one of them is to focus on academy keepers and back the one that looks the best. I could be wrong but i am sure all of them played at a young age for their respective clubs before they all moved on to bigger clubs.

I suppose the only way we find one of them is to focus on academy keepers and back the one that looks the best. I could be wrong but i am sure all of them played at a young age for their respective clubs before they all moved on to bigger clubs.

Yes they did but if a player has that something special, we all sort of know it well in advance of their years, basically what everyone was saying about Rooney and Barkley type of hype. Personally I would persevere with Robles for a year or two then bring in a young keeper, assuming we sign one in January or the summer, give him a couple of years to mature like a fine wine or stale milk depending on how he develops lol

He looked brilliant at Ipswich. Went to a fair few games with a mate who was a town fan.

I actually wrote a letter to one of our scouts about Wright, Dyer and Uhlenbeek many years ago.

Richard Wright was the best young keeper i've ever seen.

My mates sons mate has just been taken on by Liverpools academy and I know for a fact he's a blue and a good goalkeeper

How on earth are we letting world class 8 year olds slip through our net like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.