Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BlueToff @FTY

i think Stones would be a primary target for Pep and despite what @orly says i think Cleverley as well.

Reason being Stones is the ball playing centre back he would want in his system, it is of course equally important for Martinez system too. I think Stones will stay with us though but if not will be between City and Barca. Not sure Real or Chelsea would bit enough for him. Id be looking at opening bids of £60mil and actually closing off at £75mil ish but expect Barca to offer players plus cash which may even suit us better if we can get the right players.

Cleverley would be ideal for Pep as well, very good technically and keeps the ball well. I think he would be an ideal signing for them actually as a utility player.

Key point for these two also is that they are also English of course and City will need to fill ther quota especially with their failure with Delph and others so far.

Barkley is Englands "jewel in the crown" and other than Dele Alli will be the national superstar over the next tournaments. City will want to have this type of high profile player in their team and also im confident he can adapt to whatever role Pep would want him to play.

Hopefully though all are not for sale and we get Barkley on an extended contract.

With Barca, Martinez managed to get Deulofeu from them and clearly has a strong relationship there. However there doesnt seem to be many great young players coming through other than the guys stuck in their B team who perhaps arent good enough for us?

Perhaps @bicycleheader could share some input here as i think hes a fan?

Agree on Stones, Zat, but not Clevz.

He's done well for us I think but he isn't City/Pep standard. He'd probably be a player Pep would keep around if he were there already, but there's no chance in hell he'd sign him.

Stones will be the one for Pep, you'd imagine, though it depends what happens with United as well obviously.

Barkley won't leave this summer.

@BlueToff @FTY

i think Stones would be a primary target for Pep and despite what @orly says i think Cleverley as well.

Reason being Stones is the ball playing centre back he would want in his system, it is of course equally important for Martinez system too. I think Stones will stay with us though but if not will be between City and Barca. Not sure Real or Chelsea would bit enough for him. Id be looking at opening bids of £60mil and actually closing off at £75mil ish but expect Barca to offer players plus cash which may even suit us better if we can get the right players.

Cleverley would be ideal for Pep as well, very good technically and keeps the ball well. I think he would be an ideal signing for them actually as a utility player.

Key point for these two also is that they are also English of course and City will need to fill ther quota especially with their failure with Delph and others so far.

Barkley is Englands "jewel in the crown" and other than Dele Alli will be the national superstar over the next tournaments. City will want to have this type of high profile player in their team and also im confident he can adapt to whatever role Pep would want him to play.

Hopefully though all are not for sale and we get Barkley on an extended contract.

With Barca, Martinez managed to get Deulofeu from them and clearly has a strong relationship there. However there doesnt seem to be many great young players coming through other than the guys stuck in their B team who perhaps arent good enough for us?

Perhaps @bicycleheader could share some input here as i think hes a fan?

I know you like to border on the fantasy mate but this must be even better than the FM shouts.

Guadiola is taking over one of the richest clubs in the world with a massive transfer budget and you think he will target tom cleverley?!

Mate, there is a reason why we signed him on a free transfer, i like the lad but he's hardly top quality.

Agree on Stones, Zat, but not Clevz.

He's done well for us I think but he isn't City/Pep standard. He'd probably be a player Pep would keep around if he were there already, but there's no chance in hell he'd sign him.

Stones will be the one for Pep, you'd imagine, though it depends what happens with United as well obviously.

Barkley won't leave this summer.

Well, Cleverley is English, keeps the ball well and can play in a variety of positions. Im not saying he would be a starter but would be a handy utility player to habe around.

i actually think Cleverley would be brilliant in Spain.

I know you like to border on the fantasy mate but this must be even better than the FM shouts.

Guadiola is taking over one of the richest clubs in the world with a massive transfer budget and you think he will target tom cleverley?!

Mate, there is a reason why we signed him on a free transfer, i like the lad but he's hardly top quality.

Well what other English players would he look at who can play several positions and are very good at keeping the ball in a posssession based system?

There arent many around.

Well, Cleverley is English, keeps the ball well and can play in a variety of positions. Im not saying he would be a starter but would be a handy utility player to habe around.

i actually think Cleverley would be brilliant in Spain.

I'm not disagreeing with you in that sense mate, just that he wouldn't be a player Pep would sign. He'd keep him around, if he was already in the squad, but I doubt he'd ever look to sign him.

Well what other English players would he look at who can play several positions and are very good at keeping the ball in a posssession based system?

There arent many around.

The thing is, Cleverley isn't really at his best when in that role. He's much better in an advanced position making quick passes and linking up with our forward players.

He tends to be a bit crabbish when played in a totally 'possession based' system.

There arent many around.

Why do they have to be english to do that?

Believe me guadiola won't even have heard of tom cleverley until we play against them next season, no way would they target him. He isn't exactly playing top quality football this season to be noticed either, and wont be going to the euros unless there is an injury crisis.

Believe me guadiola won't even have heard of tom cleverley until we play against them next season, no way would they target him. He isn't exactly playing top quality football this season to be noticed either, and wont be going to the euros unless there is an injury crisis.

Well he'll definitely have heard of him...

But yeh, agree in principle. Zatman has over-rated Cleverley there, and I do like the player, but Pep wouldn't ever sign him. Not to say he wouldn't utilise a player like that if they were already in the squad, though.

1e784f05c244e6b3618171abedc37971.gif

Made me laugh that, but then I remembered I'm a mod

Stay on topic please McB.

Status
Not open for further replies.