Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
At only 16 I'd imagine Howard is still likely to be better, and by sizeable margin Zat.
Funnily enough though, the areas where Howard's experience should make him a better option than an 18 year old,positioning,when to come for a cross,or stay on his line is where he's failing most.

At only 16 I'd imagine Howard is still likely to be better, and by sizeable margin Zat.

As others commented Milans keeper is a kid and phenomenal...also howards experience seems to have made his postitioning and anticipation worse whereas you would expect a kid to have good reflexes to perhaps make up for inexperience.

I was kidding of course but think rather than signing all these cheap keepers it would be nice to actually spend money on someone a bit closer to the top...

Thinking that Jordan Pickford may be a good option if sunderland go down....watmore also a good buy from them.

In any case i do wonder about these numerous keepers on our books it seems hard to track whose got the most potential, i think @blueloon or @catcherintherye mentioned that stanek was not close to first choice in the reserves but on our bench...think we must have about 6 keepers between u21s and u18s now which to me is really bizarre.

I'm not at all fussed if we was to sell Stones and Lukaku. Both players make it obvious that they would welcome a move away, Stones head is turned and Lukaku only makes a difference when on form. He offers next to nothing when he is low on confidence. Kone is better at holding up the ball, Niasse supposedly has a higher work rate.

Barkley, on the other hand. Is a must keep. Incredibly talented and unorthodox. When he gets the ball on the turn you see defenders backing off because he can spin off them and run at the back line. Must keep

There doesn't ever seem to be a next great keeper coming through from anywhere - remember the years when Buffon was coming through everyone knew about him, and Casillas (debatable how great).

Donnarumma
scuffet
the spanish chap with the really long name
a heap of germans
butland
pickford
chap at southend

theres a fair few and probably more but just cant get games due to their ages....i listed a few down before.

Thing with keepers is its so hard to tell how they will do in england.

I'm not at all fussed if we was to sell Stones and Lukaku. Both players make it obvious that they would welcome a move away, Stones head is turned and Lukaku only makes a difference when on form. He offers next to nothing when he is low on confidence. Kone is better at holding up the ball, Niasse supposedly has a higher work rate.

Barkley, on the other hand. Is a must keep. Incredibly talented and unorthodox. When he gets the ball on the turn you see defenders backing off because he can spin off them and run at the back line. Must keep

Lukaku i think just needs some competition. Id be tempted to bring in Defoe, wouldnt have to play every game but his experience and goals could be ideal for us, like our Solskjaer.

We also need a playmaker for games like WBA and Norwich.....and of course a keeper.

Stones i think should stay another season for his own good....lukaku has jut come out and said hes excited for next season as well.

i think we will keep both. Deulofeu id like to see being trained to tackle/harry players as hes got the energy but if he could add a bit of lennons graft he would be amazing. Also nice to try him in barkleys role with barkley next to mccarthy at some point....

Barkley clearly needs to be given a pardew-esque 7 year contract.

I wonder about City as we have lost players to them recently bu surely anyone wanting a game would be better off with us?

6ft 5 is not small and hes probably better than howaŕd already but why do we sign a new youth keeper ever season,we must have too many now like 3 for each age group?
Because we want to find good players mate.

Unless the ones we have a world class in the making, every one of them, then we need to have a academy to find talent.

Believe it or not mate, not all young kids at a club make it, some move clubs, some drop division,s some walk away from the sport altogether, they even join WWE to wrestle, some just aren't good enough, lumstrum being a prime example.

I'd welcome the club to expand the academy as much as they want, sign another 10 16yo keepers for all i care, as long as we develop at least one good enough for the first 11.

We (along with every other club) are scouting Gent tonight in the CL.

Matz Sels is their goalkeeper, 23 and best gk in Belgium.

We (along with every other club) are scouting Gent tonight in the CL.

Matz Sels is their goalkeeper, 23 and best gk in Belgium.

Yes just checked and he was voted as best in belgian league for 2015.

Have you seen him before? Any idea how he compares to others in our league e.g Courtois?

6foot 2 Zat.

Hes no good for you.

You still on about keeper height? I dont remember mentioning height?

Sergio Rico could be available this summer
Horn / karius in germany
scuffet
spains u21 keeper gets good reviews
pickford seems highly rated

Heaton / Marshall and other shouts i said were rubbish wasnt due to height, its because they are Keepers at the kone level of footballing prowess....useless.

Which keepers do you like for us this summer?

If sunderland went down we could do worse than pick up defoe,pickford and watmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.