Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldnt try to change the profile of player we decide to sign, i.e. big name signings.

I would be happy with continuing to find gems at other clubs, identifying players who can play at higher level, broader Europe and young talented players with potential to be top players. Just more of them and having no limit.

The rumoured £100m needs to be invested wisely across 5-6 players, replacing old legs and bringing pace and energy to the team, as well as injecting more ability of course in key positions. I'm not sure I would appreciate £50m of it being blown on a big name player because we fancied making a statement of intent and then leaving ourselves lacking the money to get the right quality we need elsewhere. Given the rampant price inflation in the transfer market, the £100m could go very quickly!

Genuinely see us going for Schneiderlin if Mourinho looks to get a defensive mid in.

Would like Mata - and think he could be a possibility if he wants to stay in the Prem.

Theirs a lot of good defensive mids around mate, and this seasons huge merry go round at the 'top' clubs will see a lot of players pushed down the pecking order at teams

Mata, Rooney, Blind and Schneiderlein could all find themselves on the outside of that united squad, and would love to see any of them here frankly

Same with the City squad, Hart, Iheanacho i'd take in a heartbeat

Arsenal - Chamberlain, Giroud, Ramsay?

rs - Benteke (for the right price) Markovic (again for a knock down fee)

Going to be a lot of incomings at all those teams and players will have to make way for them - that's likely are best chance of grabbing players experienced and good enough for top 4 in this league at fees that aren't ridiculous.

Of course we won't be the onyl oens trying to do that either so gonna be interesting to see what happens this summer

Theirs a lot of good defensive mids around mate, and this seasons huge merry go round at the 'top' clubs will see a lot of players pushed down the pecking order at teams

Mata, Rooney, Blind and Schneiderlein could all find themselves on the outside of that united squad, and would love to see any of them here frankly

Going to be a lot of incomings at all those teams and players will have to make way for them - that's likely are best chance of grabbing players experienced and good enough for top 4 in this league at fees that aren't ridiculous.

Of course we won't be the onyl oens trying to do that either so gonna be interesting to see what happens this summer
Can you imagine the dithering Moyes would do over making decisions in signing ANY of those players apart from Mata..

Is it Morata's fantastic goalscoring record of 38 goals in his last 145 games that makes you think that?

You make a very valid point however I'm simply calling it as I see it & granted if I had watched morata As much as I have lukaku then I would potentially change my opinion.

However every time I've watched morata he looks a complete player including the last time I watched him score a world class goal against Bayern Munich.

We will see but I beleive that given the choice the Europes top clubs would choose morata over lukaku even at the same price.

Lukaku doesn't look after the ball well enough yet

depends how much they get for Morata and potentially Pogba. That's easily over £100mil combined.
But to blow upwards of 55 mil on a single player is unheard of in Italy and can't see that changing. He's a good goal scorer but no one outside of the super rich would put that down on rom, he's not worth it.

Think Madrid take a big share of moratas money aswell

You make a very valid point however I'm simply calling it as I see it & granted if I had watched morata As much as I have lukaku then I would potentially change my opinion.

However every time I've watched morata he looks a complete player including the last time I watched him score a world class goal against Bayern Munich.

We will see but I beleive that given the choice the Europes top clubs would choose morata over lukaku even at the same price.

Lukaku doesn't look after the ball well enough yet
Morata us a better overall player but rom is a bit more natural goal scorer IMO. Stats do a disservice to morata aswell since a large majority of them games he would've been sub

Yeh agree.

Well, I don't think Iheanacho or Hart will leave City, and I think Rooney has at least another year at United now under Mourinho and as a midfielder. Mata, Blind or Schneiderlin would all be great. Think Herrera has enough snide in him to stay under Mourinho as well tbh, but we'll see.

As for Chamberlain, I think for his own sake he needs a move, and yeh again I'd love it if it was here. Ramsey is a key part of their team though mate and has actually just been given the No.8 shirt - can't see him moving anywhere. Giroud is a weird one - maybe if they get a striker in (but a top class one - I don't mean Vardy - who as good as he is isn't world class).

Benteke - nah, don't want any RS players thanks and tbh I think with Benteke the whole team needs to be revolved around him to get the best out of him. Good player but not for the hassle and for what he'd cost. Markovic isn't a PL player - hasn't got the physicality. We already have two tempremental wingers on our books.

The thing is, we don't actually need that much.

We're realistically looking at two strikers (presuming Rom goes and Niasse is as crap as he looks), a central midfielder, potentially a playmaker/winger, a back up right back, and a goalkeeper. If Stones goes, throw in a centre half.

Even with the influx of cash, we won't - and shouldn't - go mental. The squad doesn't need that. It needs a refresh, but not a restart, if you get me. There's also a clean slate for all (well, most of) the players.

I imagine McGeady, Gibson, Pienaar and Kone will be shipped of asap - probably Niasse too.

That leaves us with Ossie and Hibbo who I think will stay on as a coaching/ambassador role (definitely Hibbert will I think) - Osman will probably look for a year elsewhere, and he could still do it at a lower level in fairness.

Then we have the likes of Garbutt and Oviedo, which is a bit of a toss-up. And then Browning, Galloway, Pennington ready for first team football, and Davies and Dowell at least ready to get a full pre-season under their belts with the first team.

Morata us a better overall player but rom is a bit more natural goal scorer IMO. Stats do a disservice to morata aswell since a large majority of them games he would've been sub

He's a regular starter for Juve. He's a class player, good all-round forward, and can definitely hit the back of the net. But Rom is the better striker, at the moment. He'd score bucket loads in Italy.

But to blow upwards of 55 mil on a single player is unheard of in Italy and can't see that changing. He's a good goal scorer but no one outside of the super rich would put that down on rom, he's not worth it.

Think Madrid take a big share of moratas money aswell

that's true.

I could see Juve making a move, at least, but probably not matching our valuation - like you say.

Thanks good points I haven't seen a lot of morata in the Italian league as I don't watch it. However he looks the part in the champions league, again it's only highlights I've seen bar the big games.

However he also looked good against city his development will come a lot later than lukakus as is the case with most players.

Status
Not open for further replies.