Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a regular starter for Juve. He's a class player, good all-round forward, and can definitely hit the back of the net. But Rom is the better striker, at the moment. He'd score bucket loads in Italy.
Was never a starter for Madrid and for the first half a season or whatever he wasn't a starter for juve so it squiffys his goals to game ratio a bit. Better all round player, not quite as natural scorer though

Honestly lads some of the names in this thread are mad, we have increased funds we havent struck oil in Walton.

4-6 players to improve the spine of the team and one quality X factor signing.

Id be disgusted if we threw money at a "high profile signing" and paid huge sums in tranfer fee and wages.

Up and coming players of the: Yarm, Sigurrdson, Janseen ilk who will become top players is were our sights should be.

Honestly lads some of the names in this thread are mad, we have increased funds we havent struck oil in Walton.

4-6 players to improve the spine of the team and one quality X factor signing.

Id be disgusted if we threw money at a "high profile signing" and paid huge sums in tranfer fee and wages.

Up and coming players of the: Yarm, Sigurrdson, Janseen ilk who will become top players is were our sights should be.
lol

You'd be disgusted if we signed high profile players?

Would you turn your nose up at mata.

Some if our fans need to get past this small time thinking.

If there is £100mil

GK
CB
CM
LW

£25 mil on average for each.

Lukaku/niasse/kone to be replaced by Janssen/Milik and id try for Defoe.

lol

You'd be disgusted if we signed high profile players?

Would you turn your nose up at mata.

Some if our fans need to get past this small time thinking.

True but his point is a valid one.

And it's why RK has been brought in, I imagine.

We're very good movers in the market, compared to a lot of other clubs, and that shouldn't change. The squad doesn't need a overhaul, but a few tweaks and two or three real quality signings (GK, midfielder (either attacking or central) and a striker [again presuming Rom leaves]).

Silly thing is that a new manager could fix so many of the problems from last season without many new players.

But if Lukaku and Stones go, we will need:

GK
CB (or 2)
Still need a back up RB
Playmaker (probably left sided)
2 ST

Plus, from the bare minimum I understand about Koeman's tactics, he'll want to bring in holding midfielder he trusts if he doesn't think Barry, McCarthy, or Besic can do the job.

If there is £100mil

GK
CB
CM
LW

£25 mil on average for each.

Lukaku/niasse/kone to be replaced by Janssen/Milik and id try for Defoe.

Do we lose one our existing centre halves to accommodate a new signing there? I think we need a different type of CH though, one who is tall, rugged, tough etc.

We could include the need for back up for Coleman, who remains first choice, but seems to be suffering muscle tears more often these days (although of course, that could be down to the dreadful fitness and conditioning approach of the past two seasons). Having said that, not recruiting cover does allow one of Pennington, Kenny, Holgate, Browning, Connollly some avenue of opportunity to break into the first team squad on a more regular basis.

This thread won't condone his purchase though as he's not worth £20m.

oh-no-you-didnt-8.gif

Kevin Kampl, V Janssen and Lewis Cook would be a nice mix to keep the team fresh. Kampl is a pressing machine and can play CM, CAM and on the wing, Janssen is a proven goal scorer and a good link up player and Cook is a young dribbler with a mean shot a la Ward Prowse. Combine that with Davies, Dowell, Galloway and Ledson from the academy, and a world class GK, like Joe Hart, and perhaps 1 new CB who can play DM, and we have a really solid squad. RK likes forward pressing and mobility across the back line, and has also toyed with a back three with Bertrand as a CB, so perhaps don't be surprised if you find Baines' role changing v soon...

He played CB on his debut for Sunderland. Got absolutely torn apart and Big Sam took him off at half time.

Decent enough holding midfielder though.

I actually wasn't gonna mention Kirchoff because I though I would get piss taken out of me, but an absolute solid shout. Plus, where RK plays his centre backs, he'll be defending very much the same zone as a holding player under Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.