Homepage Update: Everton Televised Games Rescheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reminder of when tv games are picked,the top 2 dates have been spot on so far

35143387_863111547233253_5856765843190317056_n.png
..sadly, your posts provide me with an unhappy memory I have of once playing at Chelmsford City.

What happened?!

If they stick to it,Febs Tv games should be picked this week or in the next 7 days-probably Everton v Man city and probably even the Watford v Everton game 2 of the picks

If they stick to it,Febs Tv games should be picked this week or in the next 7 days-probably Everton v Man city and probably even the Watford v Everton game 2 of the picks

Based on the fact they’re televising our home game to Bournemouth, nothing is certain.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Wolves moved tbh!

Yes they should be announced on Wednesday 12th. To be fair to them this season they've stuck with their dates for releasing the tv games.

The Man City game is on league cup final weekend so very likely that will have to be moved again.

As we know with tonight Sky like to show the 'Z Cars Derby' so can't rule out Watford away either. Wouldn't be surprised with Wolves either especially as that was quite a decent/entertaining opening game.

Think Saturday 3pm home games are going to be a rarity for us rest of the season.

Yes they should be announced on Wednesday 12th. To be fair to them this season they've stuck with their dates for releasing the tv games.

The Man City game is on league cup final weekend so very likely that will have to be moved again.

As we know with tonight Sky like to show the 'Z Cars Derby' so can't rule out Watford away either. Wouldn't be surprised with Wolves either especially as that was quite a decent/entertaining opening game.

Think Saturday 3pm home games are going to be a rarity for us rest of the season.
Big reason the game tonight is on though is champions league fixtures. None of them can play tonight

Laughably, if they move the Wolves and Burnley games (Could happen), then literally Southampton, Huddersfield, Brighton, Fulham and Cardiff will have been 5/19 home 3pm KO's.... (Assuming they televise our games with Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool and Arsenal... which they will!)

Big reason the game tonight is on though is champions league fixtures. None of them can play tonight

This is partly true. I don't know where you live mate but the other major reason is that on Saturday here in the USA, the major sports channel NBCSN (ie the major TV money behind the premier league) tried a huge marketing fanzone event in New York. That's why there were 4 kickoff times on one day and only one TV fixture on Sunday. They featured Bournemouth v RS, Man U v Fulham (with simultaneous live option of Arsenal v Huddersfield), Chelski v City, and finally Leicester v Spurs. It's fair to say the event was horribly under attended with the possible exception of when Man U played. Only a tiny number of RS and Bournemouth fans turned up in a space with a capacity for 2,000.

This is partly true. I don't know where you live mate but the other major reason is that on Saturday here in the USA, the major sports channel NBCSN (ie the major TV money behind the premier league) tried a huge marketing fanzone event in New York. That's why there were 4 kickoff times on one day and only one TV fixture on Sunday. They featured Bournemouth v RS, Man U v Fulham (with simultaneous live option of Arsenal v Huddersfield), Chelski v City, and finally Leicester v Spurs. It's fair to say the event was horribly under attended with the possible exception of when Man U played. Only a tiny number of RS and Bournemouth fans turned up in a space with a capacity for 2,000.
Tbf the RS game was at 7:30 am local time. They did one of these in DC earlier in the year and it was sold out because I looked for tickets and couldn't get any so I'm not sure on the one in NYC but those kinds of things have worked. But I don't see it bringing in any new fans just people who already are interested in the league.

Tbf the RS game was at 7:30 am local time. They did one of these in DC earlier in the year and it was sold out because I looked for tickets and couldn't get any so I'm not sure on the one in NYC but those kinds of things have worked. But I don't see it bringing in any new fans just people who already are interested in the league.

Sorry am not arguing about it being a good or bad marketing tactic from NBCSN mate - i actually couldn't care less except i was amused by the trickle of RS who turned up whilst annoyed that on the TV every ad break was featured more than 1 ad to promote the RS 'gettoanfield' etc. My point was that tonight, Sunday and Saturday's fixtures weren't solely about the champions league, it was also partly about the NYC event and we're on tonight because after Saturday's fixtures we're the next big fixture.

Sorry am not arguing about it being a good or bad marketing tactic from NBCSN mate - i actually couldn't care less except i was amused by the trickle of RS who turned up whilst annoyed that on the TV every ad break was featured more than 1 ad to promote the RS 'gettoanfield' etc. My point was that tonight, Sunday and Saturday's fixtures weren't solely about the champions league, it was also partly about the NYC event and we're on tonight because after Saturday's fixtures we're the next big fixture.
Ok I understand what you're saying. Not sure how much sway NBC actually has though they may have been just taking advantage of the schedule. I think it's 95% about the CL and trying to get the English teams through.

Ok I understand what you're saying. Not sure how much sway NBC actually has though they may have been just taking advantage of the schedule. I think it's 95% about the CL and trying to get the English teams through.

Suspect they have a lot of influence. I may be wrong but it seems when the NFL and other televised sports schedules are full / light then the number of Premier league seems to be the TV sports schedule filler. Like Saturday was light on college football but Sunday had a quite few significant NFL games. Not that they could’ve predicted Sunday and NFL but they’ll certainly have estimated the college football scenario. I may be wrong!

Suspect they have a lot of influence. I may be wrong but it seems when the NFL and other televised sports schedules are full / light then the number of Premier league seems to be the TV sports schedule filler. Like Saturday was light on college football but Sunday had a quite few significant NFL games. Not that they could’ve predicted Sunday and NFL but they’ll certainly have estimated the college football scenario. I may be wrong!
The problem is the Premier League over here only gets about a million viewers for the big matches which just isn't a ton of people by US standards so I just don't know that NBC has the sway to push around matches based on that. I suspect it's all done at the will of BT and Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.