Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite player has always been that pacey left winger Kevin Sheedy. He was like tarmac setting that lad.
To be fair my favourite Everton player was Bob the Pole and he was like GoT members on a new thread , bloody fast .
Was he any good ? No , not really so I fully endorse this sarcasm . Sheedy was awesome .

Thing with McNeil - if we paid 35 million plus for him - which I imagine we’ll have to - he’s never going to increase his value. He’s a good player but he has a ceiling.
I think he’s a reasonable premier league player and I can see the logic of him pinging balls into the box for Calvert lewin but if the price is anything like £35m then we should keep the pennies in our pocket. Reminds me a bit of Kilbane - good lad but not someone to break the bank for

I think he’s a reasonable premier league player and I can see the logic of him pinging balls into the box for Calvert lewin but if the price is anything like £35m then we should keep the pennies in our pocket. Reminds me a bit of Kilbane - good lad but not someone to break the bank for
McNeill is still only a young lad so it is difficult to know how good he can become.
Signing a player that solely depends on pace is a big risk in itself and McNeill is not like that.
Yes, he is fast but not exceptionally so.

If lack of pace is the concern for McNeil you just have to remember that our best football last year came from James on the right wing, everyone is so obsessed with pace but real football is not FIFA.

Right back is the key position where we need mobility and that would help a lot. But pace anywhere in our side will be beneficial.

You've got to remember that even if James stays, there is no way he can play every week or last 90 every time he starts. So having a pacy alternative is very important. We cant be one dimensional and built around a player with regular injury problems.

Plenty to be excited about if you include fictional signings?

Wouldn't really say they are fictional signings mate - everyone and their dog knows we are in talks over Dumfries thats a matter of when not if unless talks break down/Benitez decides he wants someone else.

Both the Echo, Athletic and Joyce have said we are after McNeil again that one sounds like it has legs. I'll be shocked if its not a wide player we are still after and Bailey going to Villa has narrowed down the options.

Bailey looks like he's going to Villa then

A real shame as we've been watching the lad for two years and definitely wanted him.

Grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.