Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeil is a strange link.

Makes sense if the plan is to put in balls to DCL.

Doesnt make sense as were crying out for pace.

If hes on the left in front of Digne we could put alot of balls in from there, but thinking about it i wonder if Digne would be able to overlap with a left footer...

If he was played on the right in front of Aarons then we'd have the pace and McNeil could cut inside on his left as James does.

If we got both and it 'clicked' then were sorted on the right for a long long time.

Very, very wind.

Spot on ;)

I like McNeill maybe not as much as the club and I’m not sure we’re good at developing young players like him. Personally id have a limit on how far Id would go bid wise and be lower I’d expect to what Burnley would like.

The perfect player for us would be Harvey Barnes, but we’re not getting him, super player. Funny his emergence more then likely ended Grays career at Leicester.

Elsewise for the profile your talking and maybe a cutting your cloth deal could be a loan for Dan James, he’s a fair bit down the pecking at Utd and someone we know we had a strong interest in before. Doesn’t strike me as a player you’d expect to see in a functional Benitez system though.

Last edited:

If lack of pace is the concern for McNeil you just have to remember that our best football last year came from James on the right wing, everyone is so obsessed with pace but real football is not FIFA.

I think our football was well overrated at the start of last season. Spurs and Palace games could very easily have been draws. We were struggling v West Brom until they had a man sent off, and there were long spells v Brighton were we couldn’t get the ball.

We definitely need pace - not just players who can run fast but players who move the ball quickly.

Was always going to come a summer of balancing the books - next summer the books look a lot better when the likes of Tosun, Delph, Siggurdsson, James are out of contract and BMD naming rights deal is in pay boosting the revenues allowing us to spend.

Unless Kean or James goes this summer was always a limited spend just got to get on with it. We'll still bring 1-2 in regardless just means waiting towards the end of the window unless one of the above leaves soon.
Nailed on to score against us.
I’d rather he scored against us than some competition winner like el ghazi.

McNeil has played almost exclusively on the left for Burnley. He provides a lot of their crosses to their two grock strikers.

The problem is that having a left-footer on the left who likes to go on the outside and cross means that our excellent left back who also likes to go on the outside and cross has no space to move into to do that. Makes no sense. You cut off a big part of our supply route. We don't need anyone at all who plays on the left.

If McNeil were to play on the right, it makes more sense as long as we signed a right back who can overlap and deliver a ball. McNeil is statistically one of the most one-footed players in the league, so would always cut in on that left foot. Still, we have been crying out for pace in our attack and McNeil doesn't even address that remotely.

Bailey would have ticked a lot of boxes for us, but circumstances are against us on that. My only hope is that Burnley demand far too much money and/or there's a cheaper/better alternative somewhere around.

Status
Not open for further replies.