Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be over the moon if we got him on a free but for 25m is terrible business

Dunno mate tbh lads only 21 and an established PL player - he's also got a wicked cross and seems to suit having DCL up top in terms of deliveries into the box.

Reminds me of a Moyes signing - not a fancy name but a square peg for a square hole - the opposite of our usual scattergun recruitment policy of recent years

Wonder why none of the big Bundesliga clubs were in for him if he is that good.
Think this is just one of those situations where we need a wide player and because we haven’t signed this one a few people are getting upset and slating they club for a lack of ambition.
It is interesting- I’m also surprised at the fee but I don’t know if that’s the state of the market.

To be fair to the club or more accurately the owner - I’ve not doubted the ambition just the execution - the amount of money spent since 2016 and it should be us in the Leicester position, disrupting the rich 6 and winning a cup.

Because we’ve wasted so much we’re completely hamstrung by ffp now - you can’t get away with transfer windows where you lay out nearly £50m on Walcott and tosun and you quite literally can’t give them away so you’re left counting down the days until their contracts expire

Dunno mate tbh lads only 21 and an established PL player - he's also got a wicked cross and seems to suit having DCL up top in terms of deliveries into the box.

Reminds me of a Moyes signing - not a fancy name but a square peg for a square hole - the opposite of our usual scattergun recruitment policy of recent years
He’s not for me although never really took much notice of him.
One thing I will say is Brands this year must have done his scouting watching MOTD in his apartment.

One of their “dregs” made 34 appearances for them last season, was out of contract and is a decent squad player for us in a free.
You seem very keen to have a go at the club for no real apparent reason.

Everybody knows our issues
. Plus this happens every single year.
some of our fans don’t seem to be able to remember past last week and sit looking on in jealousy if another club signs a player.

Our opportunity at a rebuild will likely come next summer when either Richarlison or DCL leaves for big money.

Until then its wheel and deal and hopefully offload one of Kean or James for enough profit on the books to bring in 2-3 good players for the starting 11.

Thats the sad reality - if we dont we stand still with Coleman at RB, James missing half the season with Iwobi in his place with Townsend or Gray starting games.

Sales is a must.
It’s the sad reality I’m afraid.

Tge transfer business will all be done at the very end of August because it relies on selling players.

Status
Not open for further replies.