Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what his budget is, so can't really say what I expect at this point. All I can say is that he is well capable of punching above his weight as his record shows, and that he was the best man for the job by a country mile. Who did you want, Nuno?
Well yes, seeing as you asked.
Mind you I'd have taken Big Sam back too if he was the only alternative.

But he's here now so it's all moot really. I support Everton first so in that regard I welcome any success he brings the club.

IMG_20210730_193449.png

I love him, but didn’t Benitez and Ashley fall out cus Benitez wouldn’t sanction a move for ASM?

Could be Ashley propaganda of course

Edit: that was Joelinton according to the replies

Rafas team was actually scouting ASM and had the deal ready to go before he left Newcastle.

So you've actually no idea.
He wouldn’t have been free and I bet from the Chairman’s point of view, a much bigger risk.

He has invested huge sums and is about to fund a half a billion pound stadium.

Giving the job to a largely untried rookie at a time when the club is under intense pressure from PL financial rules was never going to happen.

We have to reduce the playing staff and balance the books. We can’t afford transfer fees, let alone paying manager compensation.

Unfortunately that’s the legacy of our profligate transfers.

Benitez had far more experience than Potter and didn’t require compensation payments. The club were always going to pick someone who was out of contract. It was obvious from the first minute.

Other than maybe Agger (and even he was a Danish International who they paid 6M for) I would say that none of these players were "unearthed"

They were already good players who he paid good money for. Nothing wrong with that either but they were not hidden gems or anything.
But at least they were good players . We have bought bad players for good money.

Status
Not open for further replies.