Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could equally say, you call him a midtable manager solely on what happened at Newcastle. And to repeat, he was there 3 years, took over when they were in the relegation zone, stuck with them in the championship and brought them straight back up, and consolidated them into midtable the following year, all on a negative net spend. And this is the stick you use to beat him with. What should he have done there, had them in Europe or winning trophies, with a relegation team and no money to spend?
He shouldn’t have been in a position to bring them up from the Championship, they were well in touch of safety with games to spare when he took over

He shouldn’t have been in a position to bring them up from the Championship, they were well in touch of safety with games to spare when he took over
that's just unfair. His run in meant he was playing most of the top six sides, and even then, if you extrapolate the points he gained over that ten game period they would have finished ninth. But Sunderland went on a crazy run and pipped them to it.

I have no idea what his budget is, so can't really say what I expect at this point. All I can say is that he is well capable of punching above his weight as his record shows, and that he was the best man for the job by a country mile. Who did you want, Nuno?

I didn’t “want” Nuno, but he’d have got us the exact same results as Benitez will without the caveat of being a fat kopite slug.

that's just unfair. His run in meant he was playing most of the top six sides, and even then, if you extrapolate the points he gained over that ten game period they would have finished ninth. But Sunderland went on a crazy run and pipped them to it.

So in other words, he took a side over who were not in the relegation zone but had sacked their manager for underperforming, and he then relegated them? He took them down, a side that should never have gone down as well. He has to own that one.

Nope, wrong. Their fixtures were Leicester, Sunderland, Norwich, Southampton, Swansea, City, Liverpool, Palace, Villa and Spurs. So 3 top 6 sides out of the last 9 fixtures, Liverpool were awful and finished 8th that season. He failed to beat rock bottom with 16 points Villa, and Sunderland at home, also lost to Southampton and Norwich. He should’ve kept them up.

In the last few years since Brands arrived we have found that information does not leak from the club.

Therefore, we have no idea what our activity in the last Month of the window will be.

Some choose to believe that means we won't be active, but generally they dislike the manager anyway and are looking for something negative to beat their particular drum with.

It is my belief there will be sales and purchases but how much or what quality of players will be involved I have no idea....just like everyone else.

I know we need a right back and if Kean leaves we need a striker and I think we need a central midfielder as well unless it is felt Onyango can contribute there and Gbamin can stay fit.

It is not known if the manager feels Gordon can contribute or how important a role Tom Davies has in the squad or Broadhead the same.

In summary, we know practically nothing about the squad, our targets, our budgets.... .
I think those that dont want Benitez at our club are not those complaining about a lack of spending - we dont need another stick to beat the club with - his appointment was enough. Most complaining about the lack of spending are the Benetiz lovers who are scared of their idol failing and are using a lack of spending preemptively as an excuse for his failure, theyre already telling us we'll be lucky to get a top half finish. Some even suggesting he'll deserve a statue if he gets a team that has Pickford, Godfrey, Digne, Yerry, Allan, James, Dcl and Richarlison top half lol.

Nope, wrong. Their fixtures were Leicester, Sunderland, Norwich, Southampton, Swansea, City, Liverpool, Palace, Villa and Spurs. So 3 top 6 sides out of the last 9 fixtures, Liverpool were awful and finished 8th that season. He failed to beat rock bottom with 16 points Villa, and Sunderland at home, also lost to Southampton and Norwich. He should’ve kept them up.
ok five teams out of the top eight, 3 of the top 4 and 4 of the top 6. That's a tough run in

Nuno has won exactly the same amount of trophies as Rafael Benitez in recent history, which is all that matters. I never said Nuno had won more trophies than him in bygone decades. They are the same level of manager now.
this is nonsense. You are saying that Benitez record must be expunged because he took the decision to manage a team in danger of relegation. It's nonsensical.

Status
Not open for further replies.