Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

So you think the £4m extra we didn't get last season for Bernard (which we don't get in one sum anyway) is going to make or break us getting a Leon Bailey? Like really?
Yes. Because we have so little cash. Remember deals are amortised. So we may not be able to meet say PSV's terms of down-payment on Dumfries. If we had an extra few million, it may mean we can.

Again, I don't see why you think this is so odd.

Because to bring in a quality player like say Bailey, or even Dumfries, we would need to offer them most of the wage recovered from Bernard. Thus still leaving us with an inability to cover any transfer fees. Quite simple really.

Unless we are looking to bring in quality players in the hope they will take £20k p/w so we can parlay Bernard's wage savings into transfer fees. May happen, but I don't think players and agents work that way tbh.
I don’t know if we have a transfer budget, but we do have a massive FFP problem with the Premier League rules.

His move at Christmas fell through in part because we asked too much and we picked up another 2.6m in wages.

We just needed him off the payroll.

Because to bring in a quality player like say Bailey, or even Dumfries, we would need to offer them most of the wage recovered from Bernard. Thus still leaving us with an inability to cover any transfer fees. Quite simple really.

Unless we are looking to bring in quality players in the hope they will take £20k p/w so we can parlay Bernard's wage savings into transfer fees. May happen, but I don't think players and agents work that way tbh.
Right, but using “we really need extra cash so we can sign boss players” isn’t the stellar negotiating tactic you seem to think it is.

Just because we WANTED him to be worth more it doesn’t make it so.

As for your fixation with Liverpool: there is a perception, as was once the case with Man Utd, that everyone that rolls off the LFC conveyor belt is a talent. They’re also invariably English or British at least which comes with its own premium as we know. They are starting out their careers so clubs are often paying for what they perceive as potential. With Bernard clubs were looking at a player clearly not wanted by his club (hard for us to drive up the price based on that alone) whose talents have either waned massively or were just not cut out for the PL, either way it’s a big question mark for any buyer. He also had one year left and was on well north of £100k a week. The Big Six’s DoFs all sellotaped together couldn’t have got more for him.

Yes. Because we have so little cash. Remember deals are amortised. So we may not be able to meet say PSV's terms of down-payment on Dumfries. If we had an extra few million, it may mean we can.

Again, I don't see why you think this is so odd.

You say deals are amortised then pretend if we sold him for £5m this month we'd get all that extra money now when we might need it??????????

I'm also concerned about these Harry Winks links. Are these accurate? I see some on Twitter are quoting Romano, but I can't see it in his time-line.

I have noticed that the quality of player we are sniffing around has absolutely nose-dived since Benitez was appointed. Which is exactly what I feared.

I'm also concerned about these Harry Winks links. Are these accurate? I see some on Twitter are quoting Romano, but I can't see it in his time-line.

I have noticed that the quality of player we are sniffing around has absolutely nose-dived since Benitez was appointed. Which is exactly what I feared.
Why are you so concerned about them, when you so confidently assert we don’t have any cash? Both can’t be true mate.

Proper Wham Hour from you, this.

You’re also conflating - wilfully, to suit your agenda, I suspect - “sniffing around” and “linked with by a clueless media”.

You say deals are amortised then pretend if we sold him for £5m this month we'd get all that extra money now when we might need it??????????
Again, I understand the concept of amortisation. Again, I don't get what you are saying. If we did a deal for say €5m, then what we would receive now is likely going to be considerably more than £700-800 k. Even if they paid the £700k all upfront.

Again, I don't get why you are taking issue with that?! It's all cashflow. We ain't actually poor!

Status
Not open for further replies.