Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. Former Brazilian International. Part of that excellent Shaktar team, still only 28. €5m is not a lot for that.

And the issue comes from the fact that we keep getting told that we need to sell to be able to bring any players in. So it does matter.

I have actually said on here that, as chequered as Brands' record is, we should keep him as a DoF needs to be given plenty of time. However, his recruitment has been patchy at best and he seems incapable of selling players for any kind of fee - which is a major problem.

Look how much the RS got for terrible players from Bournemouth alone. There will always be takers out there and driving a hard bargain for them is just as important as doing so for incoming transfers. Brands just doesn't seem very good at it at all.
Everyone has known for over twelve months, agents can find buyers for players.
Why is it that as you say a 28 Brazilian International has gone to the UAE?
Because nobody else wants him

Cashflow is not just about bringing money in. Making savings on large wages means money is freed up to be used elsewhere. No one was gonna touch Bernard on the wages he was on if they had to pay a fee as well. Same way we probably wouldn't have got James Rodriguez if they'd wanted a transfer fee on top of his wages.
Again, I get that mate. But our 'financial issues' are not about debt in the normal 'we are in big financial trouble' sense. They are about creating wriggle room to bring in better players. If we do that, if they are first teamers, rather than squad players, they will invariably occupy much of the wages vacated by players like Bernard, because we have historically overpaid for dross.

Let's say for arguments sake, we needed to offer someone like a Bailey £90-£100k p/w and Dumfries £75k. Then yes, I get that clearing wages helps with that but it doesn't help us carve out cash for transfer fees and signing on fees. Therefore, we HAVE to start bringing in transfer income.

Or (and I do think we should just do this and see what happens) the owner needs to say sod it and just spend what he wants anyway and deal with it later. Good lawyers should win the case given the fact UEFA have knocked FFP on the head.

Again, I get that mate. But our 'financial issues' are not about debt in the normal 'we are in big financial trouble' sense. They are about creating wriggle room to bring in better players. If we do that, if they are first teamers, rather than squad players, they will invariably occupy much of the wages vacated by players like Bernard, because we have historically overpaid for dross.

Let's say for arguments sake, we needed to offer someone like a Bailey £90-£100k p/w and Dumfries £75k. Then yes, I get that clearing wages helps with that but it doesn't help us carve out cash for transfer fees and signing on fees. Therefore, we HAVE to start bringing in transfer income.

Or (and I do think we should just do this and see what happens) the owner needs to say sod it and just spend what he wants anyway and deal with it later. Good lawyers should win the case given the fact UEFA have knocked FFP on the head.
I’m pretty sure we would get a fee if we could. The problem is Bernard is on BIG wages so no one will pay much of a transfer fee.

We do desperately need to bring in cash, but it was never going to happen with the Bernard transfer.

Again it is not Bernard in isolation. That is the problem.

There are enough people on here who have complained about our inability to shift players and bring in fees. Don't know why you lot have decided to kick off about it to be honest. I've voiced my opinion and you've gone mad about it, like I'm soiling my bills or something. I am unhappy with how we are run and am voicing it on an Everton forum. A place to vent such things is the purpose of a forum.

You obviously ain't bothered. That's fine. I am. Why don't you take a walk instead fella?
That’s fine mate, in that case you’ve just chosen a very bad example with which to make your point.

As for the other signings, we’ve undoubtedly recruited badly but I think none of us could have predicted the likes of Schneiderlin and Walcott would have been THAT bad. When our outward presentation is that we desperately want these clowns off our books, it demeans our position instantly and makes any significant fees almost impossible. Hopefully we’re entering the final year of that level of dross now and we can start work on a model that actually gets us some better players or, worst case, a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.