Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cryarses: Out of interest, what WOULD have been a reasonable fee for a player who barely played in the last year, has barely put in a performance of note over the last couple and had a year left on his (very expensive) contract?

I know you all want to whinge about Brands but surely you’ve got enough ammo to be going on with, without trying to turn Bernard’s fee into an issue.

A player doesn't need to play for their parent club to demand a fee. See: Lukaku.
Think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now mate. I don't see how we couldn't get €5m for Bernard even with a year left. I would suggest that if we had Livepool/Chelsea's DoF we would do. I think this is a serious weak point of Brands'.

B124AA4B-3047-4D0A-89FC-A2C4B9BE2492.jpeg

Cryarses: Out of interest, what WOULD have been a reasonable fee for a player who barely played in the last year, has barely put in a performance of note over the last couple and had a year left on his (very expensive) contract?

I know you all want to whinge about Brands but surely you’ve got enough ammo to be going on with, without trying to turn Bernard’s fee into an issue.

I don't know what theyre all crying about, getting anything at all for him is good

Think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now mate. I don't see how we couldn't get €5m for Bernard even with a year left. I would suggest that if we had Livepool/Chelsea's DoF we would do. I think this is a serious weak point of Brands'.
People assume players coming from those clubs have potential/pedigree...
The same way some teams are beaten by the hype and 'atmosphere' before they even get in the pitch against them

Well Bernard has 12 months left on his deal, barely plays and we desperately want rid. We're not really in a position to be asking for more.

Not arguing the point just saying you thinking Liverpool getting £5m for a 23-year old that's played a few pro seasons now is comparable at all.

£6mil last season but Ancelotti wanted to keep him :(

Well Bernard has 12 months left on his deal, barely plays and we desperately want rid. We're not really in a position to be asking for more.

Not arguing the point just saying you thinking Liverpool getting £5m for a 23-year old that's played a few pro seasons now is comparable at all.
Yes it is. Former Brazilian International. Part of that excellent Shaktar team, still only 28. €5m is not a lot for that.

And the issue comes from the fact that we keep getting told that we need to sell to be able to bring any players in. So it does matter.

I have actually said on here that, as chequered as Brands' record is, we should keep him as a DoF needs to be given plenty of time. However, his recruitment has been patchy at best and he seems incapable of selling players for any kind of fee - which is a major problem.

Look how much the RS got for terrible players from Bournemouth alone. There will always be takers out there and driving a hard bargain for them is just as important as doing so for incoming transfers. Brands just doesn't seem very good at it at all.

Yes it is. Former Brazilian International. Part of that excellent Shaktar team, still only 28. €5m is not a lot for that.

And the issue comes from the fact that we keep getting told that we need to sell to be able to bring any players in. So it does matter.

I have actually said in here that, as chequered as Brands' record is, we should keep him as a DoF needs to be given plenty of Time. However, his recruitment has been patchy at best and he seems incapable of selling players for any kind of fee - which is a major problem.

Look hoe much the RS for for terrible players from Bournemouth alone. There will always be takers out there and driving a hard bargain for them is just as important as doing so for incoming transfers. Brands just doesn't seem very good at it at all.

Hasn't played for Brazil in 7 years.
Hasn't played for Shakhtar for 3 years.

Getting £1m or £5m isn't as important as is getting his £100k+ p/w wages off the books.

Not sure why you're bothering as you clearly aren't weighing up the logistics here.

Hasn't played for Brazil in 7 years.
Hasn't played for Shakhtar for 3 years.

Getting £1m or £5m isn't as important as is getting his £100k+ p/w wages off the books.

Not sure why you're bothering as you clearly aren't weighing up the logistics here.
Because to bring in a quality player like say Bailey, or even Dumfries, we would need to offer them most of the wage recovered from Bernard. Thus still leaving us with an inability to cover any transfer fees. Quite simple really.

Unless we are looking to bring in quality players in the hope they will take £20k p/w so we can parlay Bernard's wage savings into transfer fees. May happen, but I don't think players and agents work that way tbh.

Because to bring in a quality player like say Bailey, or even Dumfries, we would need to offer them most of the wage recovered from Bernard. Thus still leaving us with an inability to cover any transfer fees. Quite simple really.

Unless we are looking to bring in quality players in the hope they will take £20k p/w so we can parlay Bernard's wage savings into transfer fees. May happen, but I don't think players and agents work that way tbh.

So you think the £4m extra we didn't get last season for Bernard (which we don't get in one sum anyway) is going to make or break us getting a Leon Bailey? Like really?

Look at the club he went to ffs
Bit of a giveaway about the interest in him

Status
Not open for further replies.