Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically just think Richarlison has stagnated and should be moved before he's 26 and the same player but at that point no one believes they can make more of him. And from a standpoint of what we need a winger who can both get us up the field and create a little fits.
Yeah, let’s get rid of our Brazilian striker.....good enough for Brazil but not for Everton.

FFS.

He was on fire the first four months of the season, like something clicked, I’d credit Carlo there and hopefully that sticks, it’s only really Carlo whose got a tune out of him. The second half of the season, coming up to Xmas he looked jaded and gasssed, he clearly needed a break, but we had no credible alternative, he had a period of injuries, loss of form, probably all down to being flogged. Which is why I think we need a credible alternative like zings, option and variance.

Personally I don’t like stats like big chances they are to subjective. My own opinion, I have no prob with the volume of goals he scores, he’s a 15-20 goal man in development, I don’t think he’s naturally clinical, I think he misses a few he shouldn’t, especially ball at feet in between a man bearing down on a keeper, like someone like Salah, Vardy or Kane. But he offers different attributes. Someone like Ings is far more clinical in those scenarios, they would compliment each other well with varying attributes.

Like I say it’s not about who is better, or you can have one or not the other, having both improves us, our choices and variance and I’d wager our goal output, DCL needs support for me!
Carlo didn't do anything secretive to get DCL to play well. We created chances and he scored them. It's not hard to figure out how he'd score loads again.

Carlo didn't do anything secretive to get DCL to play well. We created chances and he scored them. It's not hard to figure out how he'd score loads again.

Perhaps, I’d judge other managers as maybe not using him in the red zone enough, Silva & Sam had him running channels, closeing from the front. Think Carlo helped his mental adjustment, he helped him focus and rationalise his game and probably his mind and expectations of his game. Think he said “your my man”, this is what I want you to do and he did and it worked, he’s a massive pest, in a crowded box, crosses, headers, hel occupy and wear a centre half etc. He struggles a bit with ball at feet a yard ahead of the last man and bearing down on the keeper in my opinion, in a way lads like Vardy, Kane and Salah don’t in those phases of play, that said they prob don’t get many from scruffy/ball coming in from the flanks like Dom.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 38
In what world do you think Kalvin Philips wants to leave his boyhood club for a team that finished below his newly promoted side and who plays for a manager who loves him and he loves playing for.

I would say this has a 0.00006% of happening.
In a world where:

1) Professional footballers play for money, and like to increase their wages via contract extensions and / or transfers

2) Newly promoted teams often do quite well in their first season in the prem and then regress in their second season

3) Players don't just play for their boyhood teams

4) Managers, like players, periodically move from one club to another

I share your belief that the transfer in question is unlikely... but my post was a comment on another poster's comment about Leeds' likely asking price IF Phillips was put up for sale. Try to keep up.

Hopefully the kean to PSG for €45-€50 mill post is true and followed shortly by players like iwobi, Gomes and delph. Can’t see us signing anyone till the wage bill is lowered.
We’ve already lowered the wage bill by over 10mil. And if you add ancelotti and his team. Then that’s probably another 15mil.
ok Rafael Is now on a salary, but it doesn’t look like he has a huge team with him.

Of course will won’t go offload players, but we will still spend even if we can’t shift them all. No way Moshiri and usmanov don’t back Rafael

Hopefully the kean to PSG for €45-€50 mill post is true and followed shortly by players like iwobi, Gomes and delph. Can’t see us signing anyone till the wage bill is lowered.

Its just lowered by 300k a week with all of the players we released.

If we can get rid of delph and bernard it will probably be another 200k saved.

I honestly dont think iwobi and gomes are going anywhere this summer.

As stated in previous threads not entirely true. Carlo told him to stay between the sticks and not run around like a chicken with no head. It worked. Credit where it is due

Basically just think Richarlison has stagnated and should be moved before he's 26 and the same player but at that point no one believes they can make more of him. And from a standpoint of what we need a winger who can both get us up the field and create a little fits.
Can't believe he won his "arguement' with the club over the Olympics. We are under no obligation to let him go so why let him. More to this than we know

Status
Not open for further replies.