Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t get business done early whether we have a manager in place or not.

It’s nice that you still somehow trust the club after all these years. I wish I did.
I’m not sure I’d go so far as to say that but I am choosing - and I’m well aware this is almost certainly naive - to take heart from last year’s summer window; if we can get in four new first-teamers and someone to keep JP on his toes we’ll have done well.

The targets will probably be a bit less sexy than last year because we don’t have the Carlo pull but I think we’ll get some solid, if unspectacular upgrades on the current team.

Of course I look forward to getting vaulted to within an inch of my life in a few weeks.

I’m not sure I’d go so far as to say that but I am choosing - and I’m well aware this is almost certainly naive - to take heart from last year’s summer window; if we can get in four new first-teamers and someone to keep JP on his toes we’ll have done well.

The targets will probably be a bit less sexy than last year because we don’t have the Carlo pull but I think we’ll get some solid, if unspectacular upgrades on the current team.

Of course I look forward to getting vaulted to within an inch of my life in a few weeks.
You won’t get vaulted, not by me anyway, we are all guessing as to what will happen. I hope you are right and we get some decent signings but based on the majority of previous recent windows and various other factors, no European football for example, I think it will be a difficult window this time around

You won’t get vaulted, not by me anyway, we are all guessing as to what will happen. I hope you are right and we get some decent signings but based on the majority of previous recent windows and various other factors, no European football for example, I think it will be a difficult window this time around
A tournament never helps either, both in terms of tying up a lot of players during the start of the window and also inflating the reputation and value of a lot of bang average players.

Whilst this could stop us signing any really "big" names, never underestimate the lure of the Premier League. It's most definitely the prime place to be for talented players around the World. For example, Watford beating Ajax to the signing of Richarlison.

Whilst this could stop us signing any really "big" names, never underestimate the lure of the Premier League. It's most definitely the prime place to be for talented players around the World.
This is true but I always have the feeling they are coming for the high wages rather than the privilege of playing in the Premier League but of course some will of course come for the challenge

I read that as Ings being more clinical mate! The standout is that if we had both it would be a very good thing.
There was a point about March when Dom was one of the most clinical forwards in the Prem when it came to big chances - he was at 55% give or take.

That dropped a fair bit because in those last 10 games he missed a fair few that would be classed as 'big' chances - that Sheff Utd one etc.

I like Ings, I just don't think that's where the money we have should go as a priority is all.

Spot on - Danny Ings IS what we need in the squad. Providing he isn't the main man we can afford for him to pick up the occasional injury providing he bags us 10+ goals a season.

Sadly with 12 months on his contract one of the big sides will pick the supposedly not good enough for EFC player up for a bargain fee.
He seems to pick up injuries when not playing regularly. He has to play every game to stay fit. Wouldn’t want him personally.

There was a point about March when Dom was one of the most clinical forwards in the Prem when it came to big chances - he was at 55% give or take.

That dropped a fair bit because in those last 10 games he missed a fair few that would be classed as 'big' chances - that Sheff Utd one etc.

I like Ings, I just don't think that's where the money we have should go as a priority is all.

He was on fire the first four months of the season, like something clicked, I’d credit Carlo there and hopefully that sticks, it’s only really Carlo whose got a tune out of him. The second half of the season, coming up to Xmas he looked jaded and gasssed, he clearly needed a break, but we had no credible alternative, he had a period of injuries, loss of form, probably all down to being flogged. Which is why I think we need a credible alternative like zings, option and variance.

Personally I don’t like stats like big chances they are to subjective. My own opinion, I have no prob with the volume of goals he scores, he’s a 15-20 goal man in development, I don’t think he’s naturally clinical, I think he misses a few he shouldn’t, especially ball at feet in between a man bearing down on a keeper, like someone like Salah, Vardy or Kane. But he offers different attributes. Someone like Ings is far more clinical in those scenarios, they would compliment each other well with varying attributes.

Like I say it’s not about who is better, or you can have one or not the other, having both improves us, our choices and variance and I’d wager our goal output, DCL needs support for me!

Last edited:

you nearly gave me a heart attack, but this was in.the past?

You are right that the pm is box office. I also tbink, maybe naievly, that Everton is a good club of stature and going places.

Whilst this could stop us signing any really "big" names, never underestimate the lure of the Premier League. It's most definitely the prime place to be for talented players around the World. For example, Watford beating Ajax to the signing of Richarlison.

So Delph isn't a mistake?

Gomes who's not suited whatsoever to the Premier League? Had a quality loan spell then had his ankle snapped

Benard on 100k+ a week wages? Because he was free

Lossl who couldn't get a game for us? He was just a back up keeper

Kean who we can only seem to loan out at present? Will make money on

Gbamin who's made of glass? In his previous 4 seasons he'd missed 4 games before he came to everton

Even players he's signed who I like such as Doucoure for over £20 (million it was 20) wouldn't get in teams like Leicester or West Hams midfield at present when they are signing players like Soucek and Tielemans.

He had an alright first summer, absolutely dreadful 2nd and alright third - not one summer has he really smashed it out the park on some top players with pace and power.

Add in leaving us short consistently in certain areas of the squad.

Hope that fills in some of your guff ;)

If we don’t have 2-3 new faces in that depressing team which finished the season then I really do fear for Everton next season.

They were absolutely appalling and an embarrassment to the shirt.

Just looking at this as it is, it’s got all the ingredients for a truly horrific season but this could change very quickly....

Status
Not open for further replies.