Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are reportedly keen on signing Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny this summer and it is believed Carlo Ancelotti’s side are willing to pay the Italian’s old club £9million for the Pole’s signature – prompting reaction from Everton fans.

Szczesny, who turned 31 last month, is being linked with a summer exit as Juventus look to bring in a new goalkeeper. AC Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma is being linked with the Serie A giants, given his contract at Milan is about expire this summer.

Szczesny has been first choice for Juventus this season, clocking up 35 appearances in all competitions but the 52-time Poland international has hardly impressed, keeping only eight clean sheets. Gianluigi Buffon is his cover at 43 years of age.

Italian outlet Tutto Juve have claimed that Everton are keen on bringing the Polish stopper back to the Premier League this summer, having come through the ranks at Arsenal. But it is claimed Everton are only willing to pay £9million to sign him.

Everton fans have reacted on Twitter to the reports that Szczesny could be playing under Ancelotti at Everton next season, and many believe he would be a class signing for the Toffees in the coming months – especially at such a low price.
How is he ONLY 31?? Seems like he's been in the game for 20 years at this point!

Everton are reportedly keen on signing Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny this summer and it is believed Carlo Ancelotti’s side are willing to pay the Italian’s old club £9million for the Pole’s signature – prompting reaction from Everton fans.

Szczesny, who turned 31 last month, is being linked with a summer exit as Juventus look to bring in a new goalkeeper. AC Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma is being linked with the Serie A giants, given his contract at Milan is about expire this summer.

Szczesny has been first choice for Juventus this season, clocking up 35 appearances in all competitions but the 52-time Poland international has hardly impressed, keeping only eight clean sheets. Gianluigi Buffon is his cover at 43 years of age.

Italian outlet Tutto Juve have claimed that Everton are keen on bringing the Polish stopper back to the Premier League this summer, having come through the ranks at Arsenal. But it is claimed Everton are only willing to pay £9million to sign him.

Everton fans have reacted on Twitter to the reports that Szczesny could be playing under Ancelotti at Everton next season, and many believe he would be a class signing for the Toffees in the coming months – especially at such a low price.

That’s a Nojciech Szczesno from me

All these rumours with players plying their trade in Italy sound like agents planting stories. Isn’t Ramsey on £400k a week - was a good player but looks like his body can’t cope with the rigours of football. Juventus have got themselves a problem there. Let’s not be the dopes who inherit that problem.

Given the issues with the finances with the french clubs we should be all over that league - there really should be some decent players available at decent prices. It’s a more athletic league so should help solve our chronic lack of pace and power in the side and let’s see brands earn his corn - we can all scout coutinho and Aguero but let’s see if we can find the next raphina, saint-maximin, lamptey bissouma etc...

He's got red hair, and I do care,so it's a no from me ;) ;)
Unknown-1.jpeg

Pickford is fine as long as he doesn't slip back into his old ways. I'd like to see us replace Olsen with a younger up-and-coming keeper from the Championship or even League One.

We don't need to spend hundreds of millions this summer. There are so many players we can sell that offer us nothing at all - Tosun, Iwobi, Delph, Bernard, Gomes, Besic, Baningame for a start. Any money for those is better than keeping them and paying their wages.

We can also easily lose a centre back, Keane or Holgate would be my choice, plus Kean, and bring in money that way.

We're already saving on wages by Bolasie, Walcott and Pennington.

Losing the above gets 12 players out of our grossly inflated squad and saves tens of millions in wages.

We can lose ALL of them and replace them with 1x right back, 1x centre back, 1x central midfielder, 1x winger and 1x striker.

12 out, 5 in, of which at least two (RB, Winger) sould be starters. You can tell me that selling / getting rid of those 12 and replacing them with 2 starters and 3 squad players would see us pay anything close to 50m+ net.

Squad would be about 21/22 players deep.

Szczesny is a very good goalkeeper.

But not sure that position is a priority to be spending £10m plus big wages on - and I don't think we will do that.

Pickford is fine as long as he doesn't slip back into his old ways. I'd like to see us replace Olsen with a younger up-and-coming keeper from the Championship or even League One.

We don't need to spend hundreds of millions this summer. There are so many players we can sell that offer us nothing at all - Tosun, Iwobi, Delph, Bernard, Gomes, Besic, Baningame for a start. Any money for those is better than keeping them and paying their wages.

We can also easily lose a centre back, Keane or Holgate would be my choice, plus Kean, and bring in money that way.

We're already saving on wages by Bolasie, Walcott and Pennington.

Losing the above gets 12 players out of our grossly inflated squad and saves tens of millions in wages.

We can lose ALL of them and replace them with 1x right back, 1x centre back, 1x central midfielder, 1x winger and 1x striker.

12 out, 5 in, of which at least two (RB, Winger) sould be starters. You can tell me that selling / getting rid of those 12 and replacing them with 2 starters and 3 squad players would see us pay anything close to 50m+ net.

Squad would be about 21/22 players deep.
Fabulous post
Just one slight problem ,well two actually.
Tosun is injured and no one will buy those players you mentioned (with the exception of Kean and Holgate ) and pay them their current wages.

PS you forgot JJK and Thomas Davies
I preferred you in your previous incarnation

I've covered Granada games a few times this season for work now.

Did both legs of their EL tie with Man Utd, plus think 3 or 4 of their matches in LaLiga against the big boys.

We've been linked before with Rui Silva who on a free transfer could be a great option for that GK role, unless Olsen wants to stay and we can get him for cheap, as he seems to be well settled in the squad.

But another player who's really caught the eye is Yangel Herrera, plays as a central midfielder or number 10, loves to get into the box and join up with the attackers. He's about 6ft and got athleticism about him. Eight goals and two assists in all comps this year.

He's on loan from Man City but I don't see any reason why we couldn't be in for a player like him. Would seem an ideal fit, and only 22/23

I've covered Granada games a few times this season for work now.

Did both legs of their EL tie with Man Utd, plus think 3 or 4 of their matches in LaLiga against the big boys.

We've been linked before with Rui Silva who on a free transfer could be a great option for that GK role, unless Olsen wants to stay and we can get him for cheap, as he seems to be well settled in the squad.

But another player who's really caught the eye is Yangel Herrera, plays as a central midfielder or number 10, loves to get into the box and join up with the attackers. He's about 6ft and got athleticism about him. Eight goals and two assists in all comps this year.

He's on loan from Man City but I don't see any reason why we couldn't be in for a player like him. Would seem an ideal fit, and only 22/23
Olsen wants gone as soon as possible doesn't he? For the safety of his family after the machete incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.