Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's decent on the ball but for me he doesn't really bring what we need in midfield.

Wilder didn't play him as a 6 because he didn't think he had the athleticism to cover that role in the Premier League. Not sure we need to add another sluggish player into that place, especially as you say after a long-term injury.

I think he would fit our style of play more that Sheff United.

Big fan of Berge but for a lad who played 30 games in a team that freefalled from European qualification to one of the worse Premier League team in history.

Add to his recent injuries however he was signed for £20m and I think his release clause is £25m so it's fair.

I think he’s to slow personally.

The problem we have, is do we go for a sitting midfielder so Allan can play a bit higher and Doucoure will have more freedom to go forward and we would also be able to play to with James in front at times in a 4231.

Or do we go for a more box to box who can create and score a few goals. And leave Allan as the sitting one, not ideal. Or play Davies more in the sitting role also not perfect. Or hope Gbamin comes back and stays fit all season.

Ye good point. I imagine Berge would be the sitter which would allow Allan and Doucoure to be box-to-box which would be a heck of a lot better than what we're currently doing.

Still think we need someone with a bit of creativity in midfield though as when James is out we're so bland.

Isn’t Sander Berge another glacier of a midfielder? You’re alright thanks.

Tbf, he does carry the ball quite well without being quick.

But yeah, for the money, we need better. He's the most typical signing I can think of right now and while I actually think he's an alright player, we just need more than what he offers athletically - not taking into his account his injury too.

I'd rather that Anguissa from Fulham if we're talking about players from relegated teams, because he's just more powerful, quicker over the ground.

Moves pretty well judging by this video.

Just as a note of caution, Wilder didn't play him as a holding midfielder (bar a few odd games) because he didn't think he had the pace to cover that position.

He's an alright player Berge. Don't get me wrong. Young lad, strong and decent on the ball.

But for the £25m or so they'd want, I'm convinced we can do better.

He did not do it in the beginning, but eventually he was used as number 6. I think the idea was that he should get used to the pace in the PL. He is a big guy, 1.95 centimeters, and runs 40 meters in 4.7 seconds (Which is very good). Sander has many good qualities and he has done well for Sheffield United. Too bad with the injury, which has stopped the development a bit, but if we want to play with number 6 he will strengthen the team, and he will most likely only get better. I like this kind of signings.

He carries the ball well, I do think that. the injury is an issue because we can't be sure how it would impact the team.

It's just the money, mate. We'll see. But at £25m or so...

I honestly think for that fee we could go and get Zakaria, whose around the same age and brings more of what we need.

Tbf, he does carry the ball quite well without being quick.

But yeah, for the money, we need better. He's the most typical signing I can think of right now and while I actually think he's an alright player, we just need more than what he offers athletically - not taking into his account his injury too.

I'd rather that Anguissa from Fulham if we're talking about players from relegated teams, because he's just more powerful, quicker over the ground.
Again, he is registered in 4.7 seconds at 40 meters. Then he is in the elite. In addition, he is 1.95 centimeters tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.