Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olsen wants gone as soon as possible doesn't he? For the safety of his family after the machete incident.

We don't actually know that, it's not been reported from anyone with credibility.

Might be an assumption to make but right now it's conjecture.

I never rated Chesney at Arsenal but I can imagine he's vastly improved if he's Juve's #1.

Quite like the Sander Berge links, ive mentioned him before.

Like him, only issue whould be how he returns from this injury.

I think he's decent on the ball but for me he doesn't really bring what we need in midfield.

Wilder didn't play him as a 6 because he didn't think he had the athleticism to cover that role in the Premier League. Not sure we need to add another sluggish player into that place, especially as you say after a long-term injury.

Should we go back in Sergio Romero? Appeared to be first choice for back up before we got Olsen and he's available on a free in the summer, wouldn't need to move or up route the family and he'll know his place as backup but is good enough to think he should be no1. I'd say he has more attributes in line with Pickford and whilst Olsen has done well when needed i do think his poorer distribution is a problem.

Should we go back in Sergio Romero? Appeared to be first choice for back up before we got Olsen and he's available on a free in the summer, wouldn't need to move or up route the family and he'll know his place as backup but is good enough to think he should be no1. I'd say he has more attributes in line with Pickford and whilst Olsen has done well when needed i do think his poorer distribution is a problem.

I think we could do worse than bring in Romero on a free. He would be pretty capable back up for a couple of years.

I don't see a Pickford replacement being on the agenda anymore.

I've covered Granada games a few times this season for work now.

Did both legs of their EL tie with Man Utd, plus think 3 or 4 of their matches in LaLiga against the big boys.

We've been linked before with Rui Silva who on a free transfer could be a great option for that GK role, unless Olsen wants to stay and we can get him for cheap, as he seems to be well settled in the squad.

But another player who's really caught the eye is Yangel Herrera, plays as a central midfielder or number 10, loves to get into the box and join up with the attackers. He's about 6ft and got athleticism about him. Eight goals and two assists in all comps this year.

He's on loan from Man City but I don't see any reason why we couldn't be in for a player like him. Would seem an ideal fit, and only 22/23
Never heard of this Herrera cat , but from your description , I'm in.

Think the article in the athletic today highlights a key point that keeps being missed on here. We do have a lack of pace in the team, but that is far from our only issue. The style of play is very slow, so just signing players with pace, as every man and his dog and his dog keeps suggesting, isn't necessarily going to address the issue at all. This has been one of my main criticisms of this season, it's really difficult to know who or what we need to be targeting because it's STILL not clear - 18 months in - how we actually intend to play the game. I can say with some certainty we need a right back, but on top of that it's very difficult to say what else we need because I have no idea what formation or tactics we intend to use. It's not ideal really.

I think we could do worse than bring in Romero on a free. He would be pretty capable back up for a couple of years.

I don't see a Pickford replacement being on the agenda anymore.
nah, GK'ing is the least of our problems now which is why, rather than spend 5m on Olsen or 10m on Szczęsny, get in Romero on a free and throw any money we have at that right side.

I think he's decent on the ball but for me he doesn't really bring what we need in midfield.

Wilder didn't play him as a 6 because he didn't think he had the athleticism to cover that role in the Premier League. Not sure we need to add another sluggish player into that place, especially as you say after a long-term injury.
He did not do it in the beginning, but eventually he was used as number 6. I think the idea was that he should get used to the pace in the PL. He is a big guy, 1.95 centimeters, and runs 40 meters in 4.7 seconds (Which is very good). Sander has many good qualities and he has done well for Sheffield United. Too bad with the injury, which has stopped the development a bit, but if we want to play with number 6 he will strengthen the team, and he will most likely only get better. I like this kind of signings.

Think the article in the athletic today highlights a key point that keeps being missed on here. We do have a lack of pace in the team, but that is far from our only issue. The style of play is very slow, so just signing players with pace, as every man and his dog and his dog keeps suggesting, isn't necessarily going to address the issue at all. This has been one of my main criticisms of this season, it's really difficult to know who or what we need to be targeting because it's STILL not clear - 18 months in - how we actually intend to play the game. I can say with some certainty we need a right back, but on top of that it's very difficult to say what else we need because I have no idea what formation or tactics we intend to use. It's not ideal really.
This is a good point. We can fill the team with the pace of Usain Bolt but if tactics don't utilise that then what is the point. The style of play at the moment is sluggish. So many times this year I have watched games where forward players make decent runs only to be completely ignored in favour of a sideways or backward pass.

Adds steel and energy to the midfield for sure, only issue for me is that it's another CM who doesn't score or create.
I think he’s to slow personally.

The problem we have, is do we go for a sitting midfielder so Allan can play a bit higher and Doucoure will have more freedom to go forward and we would also be able to play to with James in front at times in a 4231.

Or do we go for a more box to box who can create and score a few goals. And leave Allan as the sitting one, not ideal. Or play Davies more in the sitting role also not perfect. Or hope Gbamin comes back and stays fit all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.