Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nkounkou came to Everton with very little experience at all and none at a high level.
He had no aspirations towards the first team this season and getting the games he did was a huge bonus.

He did get a Premiership start and that game showed that he may well make a very good player but also that he is nowhere near ready yet.

I think he will have spent this season learning his trade at Finch Farm and next season he may well go out on loan. He is probably a couple of seasons away yet from being ready to play in the Premiership.
I really don't think it showed that as clearly as people like to say. Yeah he wasn't good on the day but neither was anyone else for 80 odd minutes while we were playing completely ridiculous and unfamiliar tactics. I'd bet he'd have been fine in our usual system and still would be if played again.

I’d be one of those, who would be a big advocate of dropping serious money on a keeper and walking away for ten years mate. But 100 mill...I think I’d fold at 50 mill. If Utd were spending 100 mill on Oblak I’d be in like a shot.

Oblak, is a good keeper mind but I wonder how would fair in less pragmatic side then Athletico.

I actually think Pickford is a really talented keeper and banged the drum for him on here before we signed him, I just think he’s not psychologically up to it, I don’t think he has the composure to be up to it for what we need.

I was was same for Pickford mate, I thought he was the most important signing that summer. But he hasn't improved unfortunately.

I know we wouldn't spend that much on a keeper, he's quality though. No keeper is worth that amount, 99m and not a penny over!!

I was was same for Pickford mate, I thought he was the most important signing that summer. But he hasn't improved unfortunately.

I know we wouldn't spend that much on a keeper, he's quality though. No keeper is worth that amount, 99m and not a penny over!!

Mosh would push it to 99.99p mate.

I blame the World Cup, it scrambled his head, he was my POTY the season before he went, looked one of the very best, then came back and his head was gone completely just no composure and maker of mad decisions.

He’s been a bit better of late, but he always has a clanger in him, like last night for me. I’ll keep faith but comes a point, were you need not to think your keeper had a good game because he didn’t drop a clanger.

I really don't think it showed that as clearly as people like to say. Yeah he wasn't good on the day but neither was anyone else for 80 odd minutes while we were playing completely ridiculous and unfamiliar tactics. I'd bet he'd have been fine in our usual system and still would be if played again.
I am just going by what I saw when I watched the game.
I thought he wasn't ready and was lucky that he was further exposed in the game.
I do think he has every chance of making the grade if he continues to improve.

Mosh would push it to 99.99p mate.

I blame the World Cup, it scrambled his head, he was my POTY the season before he went, looked one of the very best, then came back and his head was gone completely just no composure and maker of mad decisions.

He’s been a bit better of late, but he always has a clanger in him, like last night for me. I’ll keep faith but comes a point, were you need not to think your keeper had a good game because he didn’t drop a clanger.

Deffo mate. Even in the last few games where he's played better he hesitated on his line when West Brom scored and just a few inches spared him getting flipped on again. Last night he simply didn't have to come out, it's indecision again on when to come and not to come.

We need 2 wingers, hopefully Pedro Neto and one more. Central midfielder, striker and right back. This will get us closer to top 4.

Neto is excellent, he would really add to us and has huge headroom, think that horse has bolted though and he will go for mega money.

Last edited:
I am just going by what I saw when I watched the game.
I thought he wasn't ready and was lucky that he was further exposed in the game.
I do think he has every chance of making the grade if he continues to improve.
I just kind of look at that game as I don't know what any of them were supposed to do as the system didn't work and they didn't understand it.

Deffo mate. Even in the last few games where he's played better he hesitated on his line when West Brom scored and just a few inches spared him getting flipped on again. Last night he simply didn't have to come out, it's indecision again on when to come and not to come.

Exactly mate, couldn’t have put it better, 9/10 he does something, when nothing is needed, his head is to busy and he thinks he needs to be involved when he doesn’t. The best keepers do nothing very well when required.

If I was a PL manager I’d be saying to my team, get Pickford riled up, take shots from distance, get him to make decisions. You know there is a clanger in there. I’d target him as a weak link. Under that scenario, I’d be keeping - pardon the pun - our options open and our eyes wide on a new keeper, Olsen isn’t the long term answer either.

For me we need more dynamism in the midfield as well as power.

Daichi Kamadais having a great season with Frankfurt - 3 goals and 11 assists to add to last season's 10 goals and 9 assists.

He has that something different from all our midfielders and he could very happily play as part of the top of the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.