Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a fair chunk of change to bring all three in, near to £100m combined surely?

Would it be worth it, the last three, Allan, James and Doucoure are worth the money but appear to be injury prone. What of the three mentioned in the post you replied to?

Would it be worth it, the last three, Allan, James and Doucoure are worth the money but appear to be injury prone. What of the three mentioned in the post you replied to?
I've never seen Rabiot play and I think I've seen Neto twice on MOTD, so I'm loathe to offer an opinion on them, If the wages quoted for Rabiot are accurate however he needs to play 40 games a season on merit.

Aarons I have seen play a few times. He's better than what we currently have at RB... but is he better than the other options in that price range? I haven't ever watched some of the other names that have been bandied about (Dumfries and Emerson for instance) so again it's very hard to offer a firm view.

I wouldn't call Doucouré injury prone, quite the opposite in fact. He's only missed one fixture this season, and his injury history (according to transfermarkt) is unusually good: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/abdoulaye-doucoure/verletzungen/spieler/127187

Allan has had a few niggles in recent seasons, but his injury with us was the first serious one he's ever had. I wouldn't call him injury-prone either: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/allan/verletzungen/spieler/126422

Rodriguez however... yes. Approaching James McCarthy levels of "made of glass".

If as we hope we have some players coming in, then who moves out to make room in the squad in your opinion?
Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott are all leaving in the summer (end of contracts). Bolasie and Walcott alone must cost the club £150k per week in wages, so let's say £200k for all four combined.

Kenny, Tosun, Kean, Delph, Bernard will all be available - there were rumours in January of deals for Delph and Bernard. Kean is the only one likely to generate a big fee, but the other four might bring in £30m between them if we're lucky, and will free up at least another £300k p/w in wages.

We already have room for at least two starting-standard arrivals. If we make a couple of sales, we'll have room for four.

If as we hope we have some players coming in, then who moves out to make room in the squad in your opinion?
I think Bernard might go and I hope Delph will go. But other than that, we will just loan out our youngsters, if they are not deemed ready for the first team. I don't think any of our current first team will be sold. We don't even have a full subs bench at the moment. I think we will sign no more than 3 first team players in the next window.

I think Bernard might go and I hope Delph will go. But other than that, we will just loan out our youngsters, if they are not deemed ready for the first team. I don't think any of our current first team will be sold. We don't even have a full subs bench at the moment. I think we will sign no more than 3 first team players in the next window.

If we get Europe we'll need at least 3-4 players on top of replacements for any current squad outgoings.

I've never seen Rabiot play and I think I've seen Neto twice on MOTD, so I'm loathe to offer an opinion on them, If the wages quoted for Rabiot are accurate however he needs to play 40 games a season on merit.

Aarons I have seen play a few times. He's better than what we currently have at RB... but is he better than the other options in that price range? I haven't ever watched some of the other names that have been bandied about (Dumfries and Emerson for instance) so again it's very hard to offer a firm view.

I wouldn't call Doucouré injury prone, quite the opposite in fact. He's only missed one fixture this season, and his injury history (according to transfermarkt) is unusually good: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/abdoulaye-doucoure/verletzungen/spieler/127187

Allan has had a few niggles in recent seasons, but his injury with us was the first serious one he's ever had. I wouldn't call him injury-prone either: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/allan/verletzungen/spieler/126422

Rodriguez however... yes. Approaching James McCarthy levels of "made of glass".
For me the deal was worth it just for his assist in the derby alone :blush: :)

If we get Europe we'll need at least 3-4 players on top of replacements for any current squad outgoings.
Outgoings will be

Moise Kean
Bernard
Fabian Delph (Hopefully)

I don't see anyone else being sold. I don't think they will be replaced with first team regulars. I think we will sign younger players who can be developed.

The first team signings I think we will make are

Olsen (permanent)
A right back
A centre mid
A wide forward

Agree with most, a CM who can carry the ball and move us up the pitch, an attacking RB and a pacey RW are vital in the summer. If Kean is sold and we choose not to keep King then we'll need a striker too.
If we can get 40+ for Kean (not unrealistic given the season he's having), anything for Tosun, Bernard and Kenny. Hopefully ditch Delph, who has been one of the worst signings we've made in modern times and maybe even see someone like Iwobi or Gomes leave then i think we'll have the funds to spend but my worry is the squad is paper thin as it is. We can sell the dross on the bench or our poorer players but we need replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.