Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No a CB, we seem to be getting linked to a few at the moment it's weird as we are fairly strong there. It's not to say we could'nt improve it, but other areas are more of a priority imo.
While we’re quite strong. I’ve just mentioned in the Holgate thread, he’s 4th choice now, do we take an offer for him if we get a decent one. And Mina has 2yrs left. I’m not say let’s sell 2 of our CB’s but I’m sure brands and the board will be thinking of all these things.

the thing is you look at the top teams, how many have 4 CB’s. City obviously do. Utd have 3 and a youngster. Plus Phil Jones, I’m not even sure if he’s in their 25 man squad.
liverpool have 3 plus youngsters .

Chelsea have 4 but play 3. Spurs have 4 with Dier, who can/has played in midfield and a youngster from the championship Rodon.

Leicester have 4 two being 37yr old Wes Morgan and forfana who’s 19.
Nididi & Amartey have filled in.

Also all these teams are in Europe

While we’re quite strong. I’ve just mentioned in the Holgate thread, he’s 4th choice now, do we take an offer for him if we get a decent one. And Mina has 2yrs left. I’m not say let’s sell 2 of our CB’s but I’m sure brands and the board will be thinking of all these things.

the thing is you look at the top teams, how many have 4 CB’s. City obviously do. Utd have 3 and a youngster. Plus Phil Jones, I’m not even sure if he’s in their 25 man squad.

Chelsea have 4 but play 3. Spurs have 4 with Dier, who can/has played in midfield and a youngster from the championship Rodon.

One of ours who looks promising is out on loan - Branthwaite

Id take an offer tomorrow if we got one tbh, i'm not a huge fan of his. I can appreciate he has a bit of pace but even last season his actual numbers for defensive stuff like blocks,interceptions,headers,tackles and the amount of times he was getting dribbled past were not that great, i do think he has stalled a bit. I think there is some interesting decisions to be made throughout the team with regards to signings, i mean we still don't really know just exactly what formation Carlo wants to play as we have had so many injuries from game to game.

I think you do need 4, but often with a clear hierarchy where somebody is 4th choice and doesn't mind that. Whether that's because they're young like Branthwaite and accept that they have to wait their turn, old like Jagielka and accept that their time as a key player has gone, or a utility player like Holgate who feels they'll get enough games somewhere for it to be worthwhile, there has to be a reason why it's OK for them to be only getting half a dozen games . I think it's difficult to keep 4 senior centre halves happy. It's one of the reasons I wouldn't be surprised if Holgate went, (but don't tell Zat for christ's sake) because I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting to the point where he'd rather be a first choice centre half for a lesser side than a squad player for us.

From the mail -- "next world stars"

BORN IN 2000

1. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)

2. Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich)

3. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)

4. Sven Botman (Lille)

5. Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid

6. Pedro Neto (Wolves)

7. Phil Foden (Manchester City)

8. Ferran Torres (Manchester City)

9. Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus)

10. Jonathan David (Lille)

BORN IN 2001

1. Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)

2. Mason Greenwood (Manchester United)

3. Benoit Badiashile (Monaco)

4. Myron Boadu (AZ Alkmaar)

5. Ersin Destanoglu (Besiktas)

6. Charles De Ketelaere (Club Brugge)

7. Jason Knight (Derby)

8. Anatoliy Trubin (Shakhtar)

9. Curtis Jones (Liverpol)

10. Michael Olise (Reading)

BORN IN 2002

1. Pedri (Barcelona)

2. Leonidas Stergiou (St Gallen)

3. Jeremy Doku (Rennes)

4. Giovanni Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)

5. Eduardo Camavinga (Rennes)

6. Nuno Mendes (Sporting Lisbon)

7. Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)

8. Ansu Fati (Barcelona)

9. Kaio Jorge (Santos)

10. Talles Magno (Vasco da Gama)

BORN IN 2003 OR AFTER

1. Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen)

2. Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)

3. Isak Johannesson (IFK Norrkoping)

4. Harvey Elliott (Liverpool)

5. Fabricio Diaz (Liverpool Montevideo)

6. Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich)

7. Youri Regeer (Ajax)

8. Wahid Faghir (Vejle BK)

9. Lucas Gourna-Douath (Saint-Etienne)

10 Loizos Loizou (Omonia)
That list reminds me of what I do in football manager. I sign alllll the wonderkids. And then I stop after 2 or 3 years so I never see anything

Gomes, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard, and Delph all need moving on. I also trust that anyone out on loan shouldn’t be coming back. Anyone talking about us needing 3 or 4 players doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Gomes, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard, and Delph all need moving on. I also trust that anyone out on loan shouldn’t be coming back. Anyone talking about us needing 3 or 4 players doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
Because gomes, sugurdsson and iwobi (Bernard maybe) are not leaving in the summer.

Sigurdsson will only have a year left on his deal so I suspect he'll either sign a years extension or be sold. Carlo speaks highly of him though so I'd expect him to stay.

I suspect the others however will be offered out to other clubs and we'll accept any reasonable offer for them and rightly so. Iwobi is here forever so we'd better hope someone is daft enough to throw us £15m for him. Gomes also has a long deal and I can't see anyone giving us what we'd want for him, likely around £15m too.

Bernard, Delph and Tosun only have a year left this summer too, I'd be amazed if any of them are still here after the summer even if we do the Walcott tactic of loaning them out till their deals expire. Speaking of which, Walcott, Bolasie, Besic, Connolly and Pennington are all effectively gone too. Lets not forget Kean will probably leave and Olsen will go back to Roma.

I'd say we need 6 players including King if we decide to keep him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.