Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sold Jota for £40m mate who had a better return and was a more important player. His agent is also Jorge Mendes who brought his players to Wolves for the sole reason of shopping them around for more cash in his pocket.

Jota wasn’t getting in their team in the second half of last season after they signed Podence. They would definitely not sell us Neto for £40m, especially with our track record of overpaying for guff.

For me we need more dynamism in the midfield as well as power.

Daichi Kamadais having a great season with Frankfurt - 3 goals and 11 assists to add to last season's 10 goals and 9 assists.

He has that something different from all our midfielders and he could very happily play as part of the top of the diamond.

I realise it is only a youtube clip but this kid looks like he can carry the ball, pass the ball forward under pressure and is decent from set pieces. Logn term Siggy replacement? only 25 in August.

Perhaps our MF needs a long ball passer and/or someone to carry the ball.

Our midfield just needs three blokes in it that can all run at the pace of an average premier league footballer. Then we have a chance of winning the ball back when we lose it, playing more styles than sitting deep, and actually getting on top of the opposition.

We have to get that basic right then we can look at playing fancy football. At the moment though if we lose the ball we struggle to get it back, we struggle to close down spaces in midfield, opposition teams get on top of us, so we have to resort to sitting deep. Far worse teams than us in far worse form with worse players like Newcastle and Fulham can easily beat us because we just don’t have the pace to compete with them.

We cannot continue to put out combinations of Davies Gomes Siggurdson Bernard James Coleman Keane against teams like Chelsea or City who 1-24 are absolutely rapid. We might win a one off, but we will not win regularly, and those one offs won’t come in important games.

Pace power and technique from 1-11 in the starting line up and on the bench is a non negotiable if we want to be at the top level. You don’t see any players in the squads of City Liverpool United Chelsea Leicester who are as slow as those names I’ve mentioned. Perhaps the odd one who is carried (as we may wish to carry James for his quality) but we can’t be putting out teams where 7 of the outfield players have no pace and expect to win against top teams. Not going to happen.

He's good but another crab. Has no pace or power, ideally we'd get someone a bit more mobile for the middle.

Pedro Neto I am all for 100%. They sold Jota to the RS, who was more important, for £40m so I would imagine a similar fee would be enough. He's a mega talent and left-footed too, he'd by my number one target for RW.
Fair enough in an ideal world is there a particular player you have in mind or just a general profile?
I would love if we acquired Neto don't think it's remotely plausible , he's younger and higher rated than jota. I would say at least 60 million if not higher. Also I'd assume he'd prefer champions league as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.