Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think midfield was upgraded last summer. We are not replacing Alan or Doucoure.

We’ve had a more useful midfield this year most of the time. What we dont have is a functional right back. We also won’t have a second keeper come summer when Olsens loan is up. ideally we need someone to replace Pickford as first choice. We’re also still short on forwards and Bernard is likely to leave in the summer.

Which of those would you prioritise for a first choice midfielder, because I would be putting the money into RB, GK and forward, in that order of importance.
We’ll sign at least one central midfielder in the summer. Vault me.

I think midfield was upgraded last summer. We are not replacing Alan or Doucoure.

We’ve had a more useful midfield this year most of the time. What we dont have is a functional right back. We also won’t have a second keeper come summer when Olsens loan is up. ideally we need someone to replace Pickford as first choice. We’re also still short on forwards and Bernard is likely to leave in the summer.

Which of those would you prioritise for a first choice midfielder, because I would be putting the money into RB, GK and forward, in that order of importance.
Its not replacing them it’s having better back up or competition. To really challenge we need 4 very good midfielders. Not 2 and another 4 who play one good game in 6

Wouldnt suprise me if we saw outisde of the main 14 players we use to have everyone up for sale and see what happens, and would look for cover in the obvious positions we need to improve. Olsen signed, new right back and maybe a striker (king/kean dependent) and if bernard goes might see a winger.

Although this seasons showed a major oppurtunity it seems next season has been what Carlos building towards.

GK: Sell Pickford, sign Olsen and sign a U23 GK to compete with Olsen (ex: Dragowski)
DEF: Sell Kenny and Coleman. Sign an athletic U23 RB (ex: Max Aarons)
MID: Sell Delph. Sign an athletic box-to-box CM (ex: R. Sanches)
FWD: Sell Bernard. Sell Richy at the right price. Sign established LW (ex: Ocampos) and young mobile CF (ex: Maja).

If you sell Richy for 100M, which probably isn't possible unless he starts to bang them in again, the outgoings should pay for the purchases.

Love that everyone is right on to this already :hayee: for me it’s:

RB > GK > RW > DM > AM > ST

A lot depends on outs. Need a quality RB no matter what. I’d rather sell Pickford and keep Olsen as backup for our new GK, but either way it should be a starting caliber player. RW would ideally be a fast young player who can give us a whole different dimension when James plays central. Unless Gbamin somehow comes good we clearly need a defensive mid for when Allan is hurt and even then, we should have someone when we want to go with James on the wing and have Allan and Douc push up. Attacking mid will depend on what we do with Gylfi, but in my mind we sell him and bring in a more dynamic player to play in that spot. Should be an improvement on Gylfi and Gomes. Striker we obviously need a good backup, depending on what happens with King.
I pretty much agree with this. I just see the goalkeeping position as one that will be floating along and kicked down the curb until there's an opportunity presented such as a decent bid or another keeper becomes suddenly available.

We’ll sign at least one central midfielder in the summer. Vault me.
Its not replacing them it’s having better back up or competition. To really challenge we need 4 very good midfielders. Not 2 and another 4 who play one good game in 6
Can’t disagree with that, but its a lower priority than RB or GK where we literally wont have players. Bernard desperately needs replacing as well and if he goes (which seems likely) we will need another forward.

So that is three players that must be sorted.

Besic will go, (no loss because hasn’t been part of the squad). I’d like Delph to go, but he will be difficult to shift. Perhaps we could sell either Davies of Gomes to make space?

Status
Not open for further replies.