Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant in addition to the other positions stated.

GK

RB
Keane
Holgate/Godfrey
Digne

Allan
Doucoure
CAM/James

James
DCL
Ricky

If we could start the first game of next season with them positions filled around the players we already have, Marcel Walsh will have done a decent job.
I’m not sure Allan & Doucoure will be our 2 centre mids next season, well not first choice anyway

I’m not sure Allan & Doucoure will be our 2 centre mids next season, well not first choice anyway
Unless you mean either of them will start behind Gbamin, then they probably will be first choice. There are too many other positions that need sorting first.

RB (possibly two), GK (Olsen‘s loan finishes), Forward (King is on loan, but will probably get signed at end of season) Wide / Forward player (our forward options are way too thin.

Whilst a DCM may be desirable, I definitely can‘t see two coming in.

Unless you mean either of them will start behind Gbamin, then they probably will be first choice. There are too many other positions that need sorting first.

RB (possibly two), GK (Olsen‘s loan finishes), Forward (King is on loan, but will probably get signed at end of season) Wide / Forward player (our forward options are way too thin.

Whilst a DCM may be desirable, I definitely can‘t see two coming in.
We won’t go into next season with the midfield we’ve got now.

I mean the whole group of midfielders at the club

We need someone who can bring the ball forward from midfield, i agree it's not as urgent as a RB or a RW but we still need someone in that role, Gomes just isn't ever going to be that player and i still don't really see what Doucoures best position is tbh. We will need a decent standard of options to rotate with if we do qualify for europe.

Vinicius Junior up for sale...

Won’t happen, but Donnarumma on a free in the summer would be great

And with good reason

Raiola will get him a bumper contract at Milan

Surely if that was the case, it would have already been sorted

Vinicius Jr: 94 first team games for Madrid and only 20 years old.

Quick, direct and under Ancelotti could become a formidable player.

Ideal on a season loan with an option to buy.

Donnarumma: Catch 22 really. If you want him then it has to be on a pre contract agreement.

But if we do that then clubs would offer us peanuts for Pickford and he may lose all confidence this season.

I guess it depends on money. Besic will be gone and Delph is a waste of space. He’ll be difficult to shift.

Right back and back up keeper have to be sorted first. We also have a decision to make on whether to keep Josh King.

After that, it’s a decision about where our money is best spent, another forward of some description or a midfielder. Gordon or Simms could be the forward. Gordon is more likely of the two, but we‘ll see.

We actually need two right backs unless Kenny kicks on?

Again, I agree entirely. The issue is that if I reeled off everywhere I think we should improve to be ready for next season, well the list would be quite lengthy.

Being realistic, our finances won't allow it and we still have the situation of removing deadwood from the books - still too many short-term loan departures.

That's why I expect (hope?) we focus on a RB, RW, CF and at a stretch CM in the next window before we start looking at the other weak links in our squad.

Long-term, I'd be hoping Bernard, Iwobi, Gylfi and/or Gomes are all replaced directly, a new first choice keeper and a really imperious central defender.

If we get the starting XI sorted and then those names, we will actually have some versatility and options from the bench. Right now, we have neither!
We won't be buying a centre back for about 8 years

Forget the passy passy passers. Just one player - who can dribble, go forward and beat players, take attacking focus off richarlison; and who can play off James' work, maybe even send a fullback through the odd time. The player the passy passers give the ball to that isn't Richo or James.
The rest of em will do, quite fond of em really.....oh yeah, and a goalie.

Honestly i'm properly shocked that some people think it would be OK to go into next season still not having a midfielder who can actually pass the ball or run with it. It's blown my mind a bit, I thought everyone felt the same about it.
I think midfield was upgraded last summer. We are not replacing Alan or Doucoure.

We’ve had a more useful midfield this year most of the time. What we dont have is a functional right back. We also won’t have a second keeper come summer when Olsens loan is up. ideally we need someone to replace Pickford as first choice. We’re also still short on forwards and Bernard is likely to leave in the summer.

Which of those would you prioritise for a first choice midfielder, because I would be putting the money into RB, GK and forward, in that order of importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.