Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why they namechecked Sarr as potentially being £18mil and his value going to £40-50mil in a couple of seasons?

For me Kamara and Zakaria have the same upside and shouldnt be expensive with only a year on their deals...

Kamara all the way ;)

Zakaria for the driving force in the centre as well.

Id go for those two on the list.
No idea mate, I've seen nowt of Sarr

I'm not sure he has disrupted the Juve dressing room tbf mate and other than that he's only ever been at PSG where he was ostracised because he didn't sign the new deal. Carlo introduced him at PSG IIRC when he was only a young lad.

I was similar in not particularly rating him greatly but he does seem to have improved at Juve, and has become more of that ball carrying midfielder that he should be. He's got his place back in the France squad too.

The issue of him maybe being a big fish is a problem I'd agree, though we obviously wouldn't know that for definite - that'd be on the club to do their background checks etc.

One random thing I always remember is, perhaps back in 2016 or something, it was something really random but he was on a video for a new FIFA game I believe. Can't remember why I saw it, but it was basically asking the PSG squad what they thought their ratings would be/should be. Know it's a daft thing, but as you'd expect most players went for ratings that were better or whatever, and Rabiot was really quite modest and said something like: "I didn't have the best of seasons and I should be a 78" - EA had given him like an 83 or something :D

It's obviously a very minuscule example, but believe the actual issue has always been with his mother rather than the player himself, who supposedly is quite a humble lad. Just very headstrong in that he thought he would be one type of midfielder whereas PSG saw it differently (can't remember if they saw him as a six and he saw himself being more attacking or if it was the other way round).
Yeah i'm not sure about that mate, if you just google his name with the word disruptive there is loads comes up about him being a 'problem child' and a 'disruptive influence' some of it is from previous years i will grant you that but i really don't think he is the answer to our midfield issues. Also there was something the other day which stated we are after a CM and RW who both have pace, well that's not going to be Rabiot if that's the case.

Any idea why they namechecked Sarr as potentially being £18mil and his value going to £40-50mil in a couple of seasons?

For me Kamara and Zakaria have the same upside and shouldnt be expensive with only a year on their deals...

Kamara all the way ;)

Zakaria for the driving force in the centre as well.

Id go for those two on the list.

If I was guessing, I would say it would be hard for us convince Kamara and Zakaria at this stage, and maybe at any stage. If we had EL football it might help.

I do think the summer market might be interesting, with players holding out for clubs who probably can't afford them, and deals being done later into window at the back end.

It may also just be that Brands sees Sarr as a high ceiling player.

Deals like Zakaria and Kamara we should be looking to utilise though, where clubs are under pressure.

If I was guessing, I would say it would be hard for us convince Kamara and Zakaria at this stage, and maybe at any stage. If we had EL football it might help.

I do think the summer market might be interesting, with players holding out for clubs who probably can't afford them, and deals being done later into window at the back end.

Deals like Zakaria and Kamara we should be looking to utilise though, where clubs are under pressure.
We simply can't afford to do that this year though. Ignoring the Euro's just for a moment we need to get players in as early as we can so Carlo can work with them as much as possible throughout the pre season period and be ready to hit the ground running when the season starts.

We simply can't afford to do that this year though. Ignoring the Euro's just for a moment we need to get players in as early as we can so Carlo can work with them as much as possible throughout the pre season period and be ready to hit the ground running when the season starts.

I really don't think we are going to have much of a choice if we want to buy good players.

If your options are get Adam Lallana in June, or get Zakaria in July/August what would it be?

I really don't think we are going to have much of a choice if we want to buy good players.

If your options are get Adam Lallana in June, or get Zakaria in July/August what would it be?
I'm just talking about getting deals done and players ready to come in rather than scrambling around last minute, there is no reason we can't do that.

Keep the following, the others not that fussed about .... im usually a glass half full guy and i do like players like gomes, siggy and co but its probably time for a change and it aint working. Time for young hungry players

Pickford keep
coleman keep as back up
mina keep
godrey keep
keane keep
Davies keep as back up
james keep
doucoure keep
allan keep
digne keep
dom keep
richarlison keep unless £80m+ offer comes in

I'm just talking about getting deals done and players ready to come in rather than scrambling around last minute, there is no reason we can't do that.

But there sort of is mate.

The player we want to sign will probably not want to be signed early.

So we can either sign poorer players early, or wait to sign the right player.

Unfortunately we are not going to be top choice for the better players.

It’s easy to quickly sign players that won’t improve us.

It gets harder and harder to sign players the better they are. Really, we should be pushing right at the limits of what’s possible, and those deals are necessarily difficult - not least because the players in question might be hoping a better side than Everton come in for them.

I think we could get Kamara for £18-25mil.

He sorts out the DM position with Gbamin.

Then Id be fine with Zakaria or Sarr...

Key for me is Kamara, he should be someone we move on now and get a deal agreed for.

Great all rounder.

Theres got to be a player other than Rabiot. People were saying Icardi was a mess, Rabiot would be just as bad.
I don’t know much about Rabiot to be honest. Just had a quick read up and looks trouble to me. It is difficult enough getting a decent squad together without having a troubled soul in the camp. Not for me however good he is

I wonder if Carlo has told Brands to sign David Luiz now he is on a free?

He likes an experienced Brazilian centre half ( tried for Tiago Silva and failed ) .

The player reportedly wants to stay in England and he could link up with his compatriots at Goodison.

He takes a terrible free kick , is glacial slow , can't defend but being free would allow Brands to sell Mina and use the funds in other areas of the team.

What's not to like ? lol

I wonder if Carlo has told Brands to sign David Luiz now he is on a free?

He likes an experienced Brazilian centre half ( tried for Tiago Silva and failed ) .

The player reportedly wants to stay in England and he could link up with his compatriots at Goodison.

He takes a terrible free kick , is glacial slow , can't defend but being free would allow Brands to sell Mina and use the funds in other areas of the team.

What's not to like ? lol

just about everything and nothing else mate. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.