Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he played for us it would be called a purple patch.

I do like him as a player actually but he’ll have to go some to do what Vardy has done for them for years. Teams sit off them because they are terrified of his pace. Gives Maddison and Tielemans a lot more space.

Hes a lad I’ve always rated, I would have shouted out for him on here when he decided to leave City, he has a lot of excellent attributes and was always going to improve, he did well at City.

Admittedly he hasn’t got as many starting opportunities at Leicester as he likely would have expected, but he has got his head down and developed, he’s doing well in the second half of this season, across all competitions including Europe.

Sometimes that happens and it all clicks, happened with Kane around the same age, DCL is hitting top numbers now at a similar age, while many forget Vardy himself wasn’t a regular starter for Leicester the year before they won the title under Pearson, it’s a funny old game.

I think Kelechi has been helped by both Vardy and Barnes, like you say Vardy occupies defenders and sit deep because of his pace and Kelechi has been making hay from the space and advanced positition, Vardy has been the perfect foil with his own goal scoring falling off as a result. Barnes injury also enabled Kelchi, they are essentially playing two now, rather then 1 when Barnes was fit and the form Barnes was in, he was undroppable.

Last edited:

I see West Ham have been replaced by Leicester has the team we must aspire to be like

One is in a CL place the other in the Europa, that’s exactly where my aspiration is at the moment. I think it’s ok to look around and see what others are doing and say fair play if they are doing well and if there is anything we can learn.

Leicester have come from no where to win a title, compete in the CL, two seasons ago we finished ahead of them, now they could be crashing through the CL glass ceiling again, how did that happen? We don’t live in isolation, we compete with others, if others are doing it better then us we have to learn and improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.