Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That begs the question of when they developed that philosophy. If they learned a few things from the first two years and started implementing that this past offseason, I'd say it's progress. Surround a few technically gifted players such as Rodriguez with workhorses that get and feed them the ball, and you're likely to eventually get some service to the forwards.

As you point out, we're currently a bit short on workhorses.
The article mentioned that a lot of our scouting is being focused on France at the moment, which is one of the most physical leagues around apparently.

Since when did The Athletic start writing articles with fantasy transfer windows in? Tad embarrassing.

....there’s lots of posters & outlets suggesting aspirational signings, which is understandable. I admit to not knowing global markets so I think it’s more relevant to highlight the priority positions that need strengthening & the ‘type’ of individual that will provide the necessary fit & blend with the team model.

Right Back - genuine pace & mobility. Quality to create in the top third aligned with being defensively sound.

Right Winger - maybe a left footed right winger in the Mahrez mould. Quality and pace on the ball to worry defenders and with a hunger to score goals, particularly hitting the box when the ball is on the other flank.

Central Midfielder - athletic, physically strong with true running power allied with quality range of passing. A sort of Gomes without all of his weaknesses.

Striker - an effective option to what we already have. Power, pace, quality to meet Ancelotti’s stated ‘counter-attacking’ requirement.

All incomings must have attitude (‘play like the game matters’) & a good record of being injury free.

Ffs, I didn’t meant to make a list, but I reckon this is how Brands/Ancelotti set out before identifying targets. Targets need to fit the agreed criteria.

....there’s lots of posters & outlets suggesting aspirational signings, which is understandable. I admit to not knowing global markets so I think it’s more relevant to highlight the priority positions that need strengthening & the ‘type’ of individual that will provide the necessary fit & blend with the team model.

Right Back - genuine pace & mobility. Quality to create in the top third aligned with being defensively sound.

Right Winger - maybe a left footed right winger in the Mahrez mould. Quality and pace on the ball to worry defenders and with a hunger to score goals, particularly hitting the box when the ball is on the other flank.

Central Midfielder - athletic, physically strong with true running power allied with quality range of passing. A sort of Gomes without all of his weaknesses.

Striker - an effective option to what we already have. Power, pace, quality to meet Ancelotti’s stated ‘counter-attacking’ requirement.

All incomings must have attitude (‘play like the game matters’) & a good record of being injury free.

Ffs, I didn’t meant to make a list, but I reckon this is how Brands/Ancelotti set out before identifying targets. Targets need to fit the agreed criteria.

That could not possibly be any further away from a description of Gomes.

That could not possibly be any further away from a description of Gomes.

....exactly. I’m sure he was brought in to play a ‘quarterback’ type of role, spraying a range of passes to keep possession & transition us from defence to attack. He’s falling further away from doing this but gets game time because he’s probably the only one of that type we have.

....exactly. I’m sure he was brought in to play a ‘quarterback’ type of role, spraying a range of passes to keep possession & transition us from defence to attack. He’s falling further away from doing this but gets game time because he’s probably the only one of that type we have.
Apart from Allan and Doucoure our CM options are very poor. Ideally we would get 2 CMs in this summer although given financial constraints and other areas that need strengthening it will probably only be 1.

A midfielder that can shoot would be nice. 2 6ft midfielders that can shoot, pass forwards & run all day at pace would be better.

I hope you feel wrong using the term ‘quarterback’ lol

Sack Brands , appoint Eggs.
You nailed it fella.

Nice list sadly our choking in the race for European football means it'll be that much harder to recruit them.

Still be taller than Bernard lol

Fake news.

43FB1B4F-DA02-4F26-BF32-60DAC147CE77.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.