Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who's got the athletic there's a good article today with suggested transfer targets.
Good article that - thanks for flagging although I did laugh at this description when referencing Ridle Baku “the latter may well be of particular interest to brands recruitment team, which prizes physical metrics, running stats and the ability to cope with the intensity of the premier league when assessing potential targets”.

If I had to describe the total anti thesis of brands recruitment to date (Godfrey and doucoure aside) I’d probably go with that description.

Good article that - thanks for flagging although I did laugh at this description when referencing Ridle Baku “the latter may well be of particular interest to brands recruitment team, which prizes physical metrics, running stats and the ability to cope with the intensity of the premier league when assessing potential targets”.

If I had to describe the total anti thesis of brands recruitment to date (Godfrey and doucoure aside) I’d probably go with that description.
Haha yeah I thought that too, although with Doucs and Godfrey being his most recent signings hopefully that's a sign of things to come

In fairness Gbamin is hopefully going to be that too. And Nkounkou

Whats the names they suggested ?
GK: Romero and Rui Silva from Granada

RB: Ridle Baku (Wolfsburg), Aarons (and then Emerson, Celik and Lamptey as secondary options)

LB: No one as we have options

CB: No one given we have options

CM: Boubacar Kamara (Marseille), Boubakary Soumare (Lille), Pape Sarr (Metz)

RW: Bailey, Chukwueze (Villareal), Pereira (WBA), Romain Faivre (Brest)

LW: No one

ST: Terem Moffi (Lorient), Edouard (Celtic)

That begs the question of when they developed that philosophy. If they learned a few things from the first two years and started implementing that this past offseason, I'd say it's progress. Surround a few technically gifted players such as Rodriguez with workhorses that get and feed them the ball, and you're likely to eventually get some service to the forwards.

As you point out, we're currently a bit short on workhorses.

First time I saw Chukwueze play was last week against arsenal. Based on that game I really really realllyyyyy want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.