Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
An upgrade at the back is always welcome, but whenever we have the options of only Iwobi, Bernard and Josh King for wingers i'm left a bit flabbergasted.

RW + RB the priorities above everything else for me. Ideally a CM + versatile forward after that.
Zat has us playing a diamond in midfield all season, thus negating the need for wide options.

A bold move considering Carlo Ancelotti loves to change his formation every week cos he's not a tactical dinosaur.

An upgrade at the back is always welcome, but whenever we have the options of only Iwobi, Bernard and Josh King for wingers i'm left a bit flabbergasted.

RW + RB the priorities above everything else for me. Ideally a CM + versatile forward after that.
Buendia rw/rm. Celik at RB.

The risk buying from abroad is massively overstated. If you actually do your homework and look at what players can and can't do then you should have a pretty solid idea of whether it will transfer to the PL. The issue is when you just sign players on the basis that they're 'good'. I mean it literally took me about half an hour to see that Davy Klaassen wasn't cut out for the PL, it really shouldn't be asking too much for scouts and DoFs etc to work that stuff out.

I think overall that is fair, but there is just a greater level of risk associated with it. I also think with the PL, it's the complexity and depth of the league that makes it hard. You don't get many "easy" games where you can shine. I mean, Brighton are one of the worst teams in the division and have players like Bissouma, Dunk, White, Webster, Lamptey who will give you a tough game.

As always there is a price you have to pay for this certainty and a price where it probably becomes unviable. I also think, that Klaaen could have worked in the right sort of team for the PL, but it would have had to have been quite a specific role that we didn't have/need.

On Bissouma, it just feels like one to me that people tend to underrate a bit compared to our midfield. I've been asked where he plays. You know I think Doucoure has done very well for us, but from the bits I've seen he's better than Doucoure, so he just slots on. I don't watch as much football as I did once upon a time, but on the few occasions I've seen Bissouma, including against us, I think he'd be our best midfielder. I dont think that means we pay an unlimited fee, but if it was something reasonable I'd be very open to the idea.

But of course, if you do due diligence, you can get good players from abroad. I think overall as with all recruitment it's upon to have the right balance.

Celik probably isn't good enough going forward for that to work. I think if we want to play Buendia and James we need a RB that can really be a threat if left isolated out there.
I thought maybe thats teh perfect balance, a solid defensive rb with them two creating chances

Mina is too injured to rely on, Keane is 1 of the best CBs in the league.
I don't think Godfrey is all that right now but if we want him to become all that the thing to do is not buy a CB this summer that might be putting him on the bench or even worse at fullback for extended periods. Keane and Mina when healthy with Godfrey knocking on the door and hopefully Holgate looking to force his way back in again is perfectly fine.

Nymz....you're the main head in this thread. You're partly to blame for the absolute bananas that gets chatted In here,you now can't say it needs a bomb dropping on it ha!

Even if I did claim yesterday we should sign Loftus Cheek.

I think you'll find I very rarely suggest a player to sign in here so... not quite buddy but keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.