Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spending 70m on Zaha really can't be the crux of your point.

Our best players right now are James, Digne and Dom. None came with PL experience. It's about signing good players.

There are plenty of good players who are not good in English football thats the point your boy Kean being one of them.

So we could sign 2x £20 million Andre Gomes' players from some obscure Portuguese side who could bomb in England or could overpay and sign Bissouma for £35-40 million who becomes a very good player (like Richarlison).

Three of Liverpools most important players in recent years have been Van Dijk, Mane and Henderson - all three signed from Premier League sides.

There are plenty of good players who are not good in English football thats the point your boy Kean being one of them.

So we could sign 2x £20 million Andre Gomes' players from some obscure Portuguese side who could bomb in England or could sign Bissouma for £40 million who becomes a very good player.

Three of Liverpools most important players in recent years have been Van Dijk, Mane and Henderson - all three signed from Premier League sides.
Or you can sign Doucoure for 25m who is bang average. You still have to sign good players.

Or you can sign Doucoure for 25m who is bang average. You still have to sign good players.

Bad example to use like given since he's been injured we've won one game, due to a fluke OG.

But the point is surely we now have enough PL experience in the squad to be able to go out and target players who have the physical attributes to play in the league and add to our team.

I mean, it's not too hard in midfield - we just need someone who can actually move with the ball and doesn't treat it like a hot potato.

There's plenty Bissouma types in Europe, which I think is the point here - and the one I guess you're agreeing with - that we can get for cheaper than Bissouma.

I've edited my post but it's quite clear we're a much better team with Doucoure in it than not.

That's probably due more to him having attributes that all of our other midfielders lack, but the point still stands.
The performances do not back that up in my eyes. We had a lot of stinkers with him in.

I agree with the other stuff though.

It's hard though isn't it, because to me Bissouma is better than any of our midfielders and younger than most of them.

I'm not saing Zakaria may not have similar ability, and be a (fair bit) cheaper, but there is a bigger risk buying from abroad. You are paying for less risk re Bissoumma. There's obviously a point where that becomes untenable, so it's about trying to ascertain where that is.
The risk buying from abroad is massively overstated. If you actually do your homework and look at what players can and can't do then you should have a pretty solid idea of whether it will transfer to the PL. The issue is when you just sign players on the basis that they're 'good'. I mean it literally took me about half an hour to see that Davy Klaassen wasn't cut out for the PL, it really shouldn't be asking too much for scouts and DoFs etc to work that stuff out.

The risk buying from abroad is massively overstated. If you actually do your homework and look at what players can and can't do then you should have a pretty solid idea of whether it will transfer to the PL. The issue is when you just sign players on the basis that they're 'good'. I mean it literally took me about half an hour to see that Davy Klaassen wasn't cut out for the PL, it really shouldn't be asking too much for scouts and DoFs etc to work that stuff out.
It's funny with Klassen how unanimous the people who watch that league were in saying it was a bad idea

The performances do not back that up in my eyes. We had a lot of stinkers with him in.

I agree with the other stuff though.

Well yeah we did, but we also had a lot of the more decent performances with him in the side too.

We've certainly missed him. He's not good enough on the ball but the point is we need to bring in a midfielder who is to compliment him and Allan and be better at getting the footy to James etc further up the pitch.

If we can get in that wide forward too, then we've got options on how to play.

Well yeah we did, but we also had a lot of the more decent performances with him in the side too.

We've certainly missed him. He's not good enough on the ball but the point is we need to bring in a midfielder who is to compliment him and Allan and be better at getting the footy to James etc further up the pitch.

If we can get in that wide forward too, then we've got options on how to play.
I'd rather we found a midfielder to straight up replace him. I can't see us playing CL level football with 30+ games of an Allan/Doucoure partnership, even with a 3rd player thrown in.

Wide forward would be nice. Anything to stop having to see Iwobi play right wing honestly.

Wasn’t that as much to do with us signing 3 (or was it 4) number 10s when we needed 1
The best part is we actually signed 0. Sigurdsson and Klaassen drift through games without doing anything creatively while they look to pop up for goals too much to be called #10s and Rooney was a striker who got old.

I'd rather we found a midfielder to straight up replace him. I can't see us playing CL level football with 30+ games of an Allan/Doucoure partnership, even with a 3rd player thrown in.

Wide forward would be nice. Anything to stop having to see Iwobi play right wing honestly.

Just not realistic is it.

He's definitely one of our better players, but yes he's not a world beater.

But he's been an ever-present when fit and that won't change. Gomes, Delph are the midfielders who need replacing, and also to ensure we don't end up with Gylfi sitting in there too.

Just not realistic is it.

He's definitely one of our better players, but yes he's not a world beater.

But he's been an ever-present when fit and that won't change. Gomes, Delph are the midfielders who need replacing, and also to ensure we don't end up with Gylfi sitting in there too.
For me fully fit Doucoure is currently our 8th best player in a given XI

Status
Not open for further replies.