Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his defence I don't recall him claiming we need more CBs.
I am Spartacus.

I propose the reason our midfield is poor is because we sit so deep and the midfield is porous. Need to sign the flash if you want to adddress that.

I want koulibaly (for example) and play much further forward, something Carlo has stated we can’t do with Keane and Mina, to compress the park. Maybe then our players can actually have some ball? What are our possession stats this season, that’s a symptom of our pragmatic but utterly necessary approach to football, that must be addressed and I propose we do by playing higher up the pitch. It means Mina and Keane don’t play, but that’s how it has to be. But it means tearing down what has been our strength, will be interested in what happens. I think no new CB means more of this deep lying rope a dope.

The lad bossed us the other day, and is a good player.

Not saying we should sign him, but equally I'm not convinced we have a lot of runners in midfield. Our midfield is one of the least mobile in the league at times.

Pretty sure he will be moving elsewhere anyway.

That's not hard, still do not want him so hope you are right in your last line.

I think overall that is fair, but there is just a greater level of risk associated with it. I also think with the PL, it's the complexity and depth of the league that makes it hard. You don't get many "easy" games where you can shine. I mean, Brighton are one of the worst teams in the division and have players like Bissouma, Dunk, White, Webster, Lamptey who will give you a tough game.

As always there is a price you have to pay for this certainty and a price where it probably becomes unviable. I also think, that Klaaen could have worked in the right sort of team for the PL, but it would have had to have been quite a specific role that we didn't have/need.

On Bissouma, it just feels like one to me that people tend to underrate a bit compared to our midfield. I've been asked where he plays. You know I think Doucoure has done very well for us, but from the bits I've seen he's better than Doucoure, so he just slots on. I don't watch as much football as I did once upon a time, but on the few occasions I've seen Bissouma, including against us, I think he'd be our best midfielder. I dont think that means we pay an unlimited fee, but if it was something reasonable I'd be very open to the idea.

But of course, if you do due diligence, you can get good players from abroad. I think overall as with all recruitment it's upon to have the right balance.
I agree that you need a balance, which is why I’d be swerving the likes of bissouma. We have got a lot of players who we paid the top end of the market rate for (or more, in some cases) and not a lot of players who cost less than that and would likely improve significantly in value. I don’t dislike the likes of Aarons and bissouma at all, but the idea of paying £70-75m for them just screams of continuing with the same strategy that’s been failing for the past however long. For the purposes of balance I’d really like us to pick up a few players who turn out to be worth considerably more than we paid, instead of maxing out on players who are a slight improvement on what we have but not so good that they push us more further on.

We should go for Chris Wood, heard some talk about him on the radio this afternoon, every season with Burnley he is into double figures for goals, too good for them, but i dont see the top 6 clubs going for him, could be good alongside DCL.
Better him then another Kean who cant settle in the PL

We should go for Chris Wood, heard some talk about him on the radio this afternoon, every season with Burnley he is into double figures for goals, too good for them, but i dont see the top 6 clubs going for him, could be good alongside DCL.
Better him then another Kean who cant settle in the PL
I've been thinking about this even before his hat trick the other day. He consistently knocks in ten goals a season and we lack a serious offensive threat from the bench. But would he leave a club where he's typically a starter to possibly experience a Josh king situation?

I've been thinking about this even before his hat trick the other day. He consistently knocks in ten goals a season and we lack a serious offensive threat from the bench. But would he leave a club where he's typically a starter to possibly experience a Josh king situation?
Thing is i wouldnt have him from the bench, I would start him, DCL at time looks isolated. He might get dismissed by some for having an English sounding name or being at a unfashionable club, but he is perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.