Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been impressed watching Aarons tonight. Always playing forward and attacking passes that do not always come off but intent there.

Absolutely skinned his man like a winger and delivered a perfect ball that Cantwell skied over the bar.

Would definitely improve us. Is not afraid to stick his foot in as well.

Been impressed watching Aarons tonight. Always playing forward and attacking passes that do not always come off but intent there.

Absolutely skinned his man like a winger and delivered a perfect ball that Cantwell skied over the bar.

Would definitely improve us. Is not afraid to stick his foot in as well.
Agree he was impressive tonight. The boy is a talented player no doubt and will improve over the next few years.

I hope Moshiri obliterates FFP this summer.

I'm sure he'll have a little twinkle in his eye now and want to make a 'statement' with him now seeking to 'fast forward' us into the top 4 on a consistent basis.
What FFP? Its basically gone at this point, sure there are a few restrictions, but I doubt anything we need to worry about, time will tell on that.

We shouldn't overlook the impact of Covid though, whilst it wont impact us as much as most clubs, I feel it will hurt us slightly, that doesn't mean we will be looking to turn a profit, but I think it means we have to show a degree of prudence. Mosh has and will soften the blow for us, but the fella cant be expected to throw 200m at us every year, I'm sure some wont agree.

Given how much we have streamlined the squad, as always Outs will determine Ins.

Whilst I don't see us throwing 90m at Dortmund for the likes of Bellingham, I do think he will make funds available in order to improve, rather than certain clubs who may have to recoup their losses with some footballing assets.

I know people think there will be bargains to be had and I suspect some clubs will deal at a lower price than in the past, I don't see fire sales, well some clubs will have to survive, but I think it will be a very interesting window all in all.

I see us having a very good 1 personally, but then that's always the stance I take.

What FFP? Its basically gone at this point, sure there are a few restrictions, but I doubt anything we need to worry about, time will tell on that.

We shouldn't overlook the impact of Covid though, whilst it wont impact us as much as most clubs, I feel it will hurt us slightly, that doesn't mean we will be looking to turn a profit, but I think it means we have to show a degree of prudence. Mosh has and will soften the blow for us, but the fella cant be expected to throw 200m at us every year, I'm sure some wont agree.

Given how much we have streamlined the squad, as always Outs will determine Ins.

Whilst I don't see us throwing 90m at Dortmund for the likes of Bellingham, I do think he will make funds available in order to improve, rather than certain clubs who may have to recoup their losses with some footballing assets.

I know people think there will be bargains to be had and I suspect some clubs will deal at a lower price than in the past, I don't see fire sales, well some clubs will have to survive, but I think it will be a very interesting window all in all.

I see us having a very good 1 personally, but then that's always the stance I take.

He referenced the six clubs using FFP to keep others from investing.

He also mentioned points being docked from the six clubs.

The stadium (i may be wrong here) is planned for 2024/25 season.

The 'new' proposed Champions League changes start in the 2024/25 season.

To me it all points towards summer 2021 / 2022 / 2023 as times for large investment into the squad.

Im throwing out numbers but £500mil into the squad in the next three summers (lets say including funds generated from 'deadwood' would make alot of sense.

I think he'll want to break into that top 4 as a permanent fixture.

He referenced the six clubs using FFP to keep others from investing.

He also mentioned points being docked from the six clubs.

The stadium (i may be wrong here) is planned for 2024/25 season.

The 'new' proposed Champions League changes start in the 2024/25 season.

To me it all points towards summer 2021 / 2022 / 2023 as times for large investment into the squad.

Im throwing out numbers but £500mil into the squad in the next three summers (lets say including funds generated from 'deadwood' would make alot of sense.

I think he'll want to break into that top 4 as a permanent fixture.
Yikes.

Sadly we dont really have that much deadwood that would generate money.

Now we do have assets we could sell, Kean is the most glaring, I wont name others cos that might imply I want them to go, but I dont.

So I think 500m is a stretch

Thats 167m, each window, I think that's a bit unrealistic to be honest Zatmania.

Yikes.

Sadly we dont really have that much deadwood that would generate money.

Now we do have assets we could sell, Kean is the most glaring, I wont name others cos that might imply I want them to go, but I dont.

So I think 500m is a stretch

Thats 167m, each window, I think that's a bit unrealistic to be honest Zatmania.

I put 'deadwood' which imo would mean:

A: The deadwood
B: The 'deadwood' in terms of taking us to top 4.

Although you disagree with this figure (saying "youre on crack") £65-70mil comes from Kean and Mina alone.

A few others out and we could hit £100mil in sales. So really thats a £67mil investment this summer.

Then in 2022 some more players fall by the wayside and are sold to generate some funds towards that £167mil (as an example).

I think thats what will happen -- loose on £500mil figure but it will be alot.

I put 'deadwood' which imo would mean:

A: The deadwood
B: The 'deadwood' in terms of taking us to top 4.

Although you disagree with this figure (saying "youre on crack") £65-70mil comes from Kean and Mina alone.

A few others out and we could hit £100mil in sales. So really thats a £67mil investment this summer.

Then in 2022 some more players fall by the wayside and are sold to generate some funds towards that £167mil (as an example).

I think thats what will happen -- loose on £500mil figure but it will be alot.
I will confess, I read it as 70m for Keane and Mina, not Kean and Mina, so whilst I don't think that figure is crack induced, I think its also slightly high.

67m investment this year you say, that's around the figure we have lost due to covid this season.

I mean I did say Outs would have a big say in Ins, but I would be shocked if we spent the level you think.

Gah, are you two at it again already?

A lot of dust has to settle from the last couple of days before we can predict anything. We could be looking at a Great Last Hurrah summer where everyone knows big changes to spending are coming down the pipeline and the players that are available get surprisingly expensive relative to post-COVID expectations.

We could be looking at a giant fire sale of the assets of Madrid, Barca and the Italian clubs generally where Zat's 'crack-induced' 167 million pounds will buy you a quality starting 11...if you have it. The six English clubs could get banished to League Two and all their players could all be available on a free to the highest bidder, or their players could all agree to hand in transfer requests if the clubs aren't put on the block because the relationship with ownership is irreparably damaged.

This insanity is far from over.

I watched a good bit of Norwich Watford last night. Sarr looked a level above most out there but I don't really know if I see him as the kind of player we really need wide right. Aarons was fine, he's definitely not a bad player, I'm just not really sure I can get behind the price tags that I keep seeing. I just feel like fullback is a position where you really can find great value and don't need to overspend to get a really solid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.