Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will confess, I read it as 70m for Keane and Mina, not Kean and Mina, so whilst I don't think that figure is crack induced, I think its also slightly high.

67m investment this year you say, that's around the figure we have lost due to covid this season.

I mean I did say Outs would have a big say in Ins, but I would be shocked if we spent the level you think.

Gah, are you two at it again already?

A lot of dust has to settle from the last couple of days before we can predict anything. We could be looking at a Great Last Hurrah summer where everyone knows big changes to spending are coming down the pipeline and the players that are available get surprisingly expensive relative to post-COVID expectations.

We could be looking at a giant fire sale of the assets of Madrid, Barca and the Italian clubs generally where Zat's 'crack-induced' 167 million pounds will buy you a quality starting 11...if you have it. The six English clubs could get banished to League Two and all their players could all be available on a free to the highest bidder, or their players could all agree to hand in transfer requests if the clubs aren't put on the block because the relationship with ownership is irreparably damaged.

This insanity is far from over.

I actually dont think players values will decrease by much (if at all in the top leagues).

If were looking solely at clubs, players values should decrease. However were dealing with multi billionaire owners who are making hundreds of millions in separate investment deals.

Simplistically if we had the stadium and a top 4 squad then the value of the club should be well over £1billion.

At the moment looking at ages, ability, performance etc:

Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Holgate, Mina, Doucoure, Allan, James, DCL, Richarlison, Kean

Those are the players i would say could be 11 out of 23 in a squad...even some of those such as Mina, Allan, James, Kean will likely be gone by the time the stadium is built.

So we could say: Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Holgate, Doucoure, DCL, Richarlison

7 / 23 positions in the squad sorted.

How much will we need over the next 3 summers to be close to completing a top 4 squad...£500mil less sales ?

I think thats a fairly reasonable estimate.

Dest at right back?
Leave me alone Bruce.

I looked at Barcas squad after I posted that and Dest did stand out.

Not a massive amount of quality deadwood there tho, for a team who have spent about 6000billion in the last few years.

Of course there are players of real quality, but they are ageing and I doubt Busquets, Greizeman, Messi or Pique are rocking up here.

In short, yes, Barca do have players we would be interested in, but if we are going shopping, they wouldn't be the place I would start at.

Leave me alone Bruce.

I looked at Barcas squad after I posted that and Dest did stand out.

Not a massive amount of quality deadwood there tho, for a team who have spent about 6000billion in the last few years.

Of course there are players of real quality, but they are ageing and I doubt Busquets, Greizeman, Messi or Pique are rocking up here.

In short, yes, Barca do have players we would be interested in, but if we are going shopping, they wouldn't be the place I would start at.
Oh I agree. I've always been a fan of Barca, but they've made their squalid bed so have to sleep with their squad of super expensive, aged players now.

Status
Not open for further replies.