Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no left back cover now either.
A right back was a must .
There are dozens of wingers we could have looked at .you sayin there were no decent ones at all out there we may have got. Even on loan?
Or perhaps Moshiri told Benitez work with what you’ve got, it by no means Benitez fault. We have let poor managers (well they have been awful here including Ancelotti) spend an absolute fortune. I’m sure Benitez will get this team working well, Everton improving will make the owners take notice and be willing to make signings happen to try to take us to the next level. I personally think it was time to take a step back and if that means a season of transition so be it, I think it’s needed, Imo squad wise we are ok (no more or no less, just ok) 45 million on Sigs ( was Moshiri out of his mind) perhaps it’s sunk in now it’s a business not a game.

Let’s hope that players like Allan/doucoure/digne/Coleman can stay fit for the majority of the season…

Can see Gordon potentially getting some more minutes as well this year…

Hope Benitez can keep improving some players and we have a Moyes 04 esque season. Going to be a struggle though to get top 8 with teams like Leicester, Villa, spurs improving their squads.
I fear we will go backwards

Or perhaps Moshiri told Benitez work with what you’ve got, it by no means Benitez fault. We have let poor managers (well they have been awful here including Ancelotti) spend an absolute fortune. I’m sure Benitez will get this team working well, Everton improving will make the owners take notice and be willing to make signings happen to try to take us to the next level. I personally think it was time to take a step back and if that means a season of transition so be it, I think it’s needed, Imo squad wise we are ok (no more or no less, just ok) 45 million on Sigs ( was Moshiri out of his mind) perhaps it’s sunk in now it’s a business not a game.
Can you show me please where I said it was benitez fault. He has been left short . That is not up for debate

This is the problem. We don't give the youngsters or young players that we do buy a route to 1st team action since the money came. It was something we were good at & made lots of profit from it.
The model now is non sustainable and we will have windows like this one every few years to balance the books.
We need to be a better brand, new stadium will help, but we really must try and get back in Europe and win something. It’s been to many years just making up the numbers in the PL. I do have more faith in Benitez than I have had in a lot of our recent managers, let’s hope he can get us going the right way rather than what we’ve had to put up with over the last few years. We do have some good players.

Would have liked a different window of course, but the reality of the situation means we are here due to spending vast sums on not very good footballers.

Sure you can all point fingers and blame whoever you like, but the fact is we are here now and thats simply that.

We still have some very good footballers, we do of course some glaring and I mean glaring holes at fullback that at some point will royally smack us on the arse, but again, it is what it is.

COYB.
And what does "It is what it is " mean? What is "it" and how does it become "is?'
Stop your post at "arse" and I agree lol lol ;)

Carlo got us into this mess singing Hamez, who we now can’t shift. Mr Brands should have said no rather than bow to his wishes.
Given how awful this squad is, James could be the difference maker for us until we get to January.

My guess is that the squad is so thin, even Benitez will have to use him. James will want to get back into the Colombia side and earn a move etc.

If both team and player do well, we could then remain in touching distance with the 9 or 10 teams who ate better than us, and use this to add in January for once. Plus, if he does well, someone may take him in January for a small fee/loan which would allow us to bring someone else in.

Like it or not James will have to be key if we are going to do anything - even if we use him off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.