Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The full backs are the killer for me. With James, you do have a player capable of creating/scoring. Gomes is more effective further up. They can at least be last resort cover that’s not ‘disastrous’. Tom was good covering Allan last year. With the fullbacks…we kinda have nothing barring Holgate/Godfrey but that then leaves us light in central defence!
I don’t share your belief regarding the other midfielders. Gomes and Davies playing 10/15 games together wouid be a disaster. Again hopefully Gbamin can stay fit and get match sharp, because at least he offers us a physical back up

Full back we are short, but we defo aint at CM and RW.

I mean im all for raging at our fullback options but we have 7 CMs and 6 RWs.
Our RW options are Iwobi and Townsend - that is so, so bad. At CM we have two good options, two average options and the rest are terrible. We’ve lost a fairly useful player in Sigurdsson (through no fault of the club, admittedly) and not been able to replace him in any capacity.

Probably a replacement for Richarlison if he went to PSG.

We will be talking to lots of clubs about targets and potential deals, even without a budget because that’s how transfers are arranged. The budget didn’t materialise until yesterday when Kean was sold. There was a glimmer that Rodriguez plus the Kean money may have been enough, but in the end no deal could be reached. They wanted far more than we could offer.

We may go back in for him when Richarlison is sold next summer.n
Then we had today to get someone in
We have left ourselves short. No other way to describe it really.

And getting a tune out of Iwobi.
I just worry that if you take Saturday v Brighton we got into about 13 great scoring situations. And messed up 11. We won’t get 13 every game. All our attacking options, bar James. Will lose the ball, miss control it, pick the wrong option and lose composure when it matters most.

Can some explain

When ancelotti bailed

We were led to be believe the club were shocked by his departure as he had been talking targets and transfers the week prior At a cub meeting

No way were players like rondon in his thoughts

Who were his targets and how were we gonna get them give the constraints we have been under with ffp

Or would we have gone gung-ho to appease ancelotti
The only one who can answer that is Ancelotti himself

I don’t share your belief regarding the other midfielders. Gomes and Davies playing 10/15 games together wouid be a disaster. Again hopefully Gbamin can stay fit and get match sharp, because at least he offers us a physical back up
Playing together, disastrous, but covering for one, acceptable. (Gomes/Allan, Davies/Doucoure etc). Gbamin showed that he is far off the pace which is understandable but it may be some time still before he can truly come in and cover as needed. Hopefully he does though. Further forward, Gomes may be able to show some of his strengths more with the final pass rather than dictating in the middle. James will of course be the go-to creative midfielder though if we need to switch up the tactics, though Gray has already been used down the middle to a decent effect so who knows there.

Yeah and potential injuries, but Gordon has stay8 g I’m quite happy seeing youngsters given a go.
This is the problem. We don't give the youngsters or young players that we do buy a route to 1st team action since the money came. It was something we were good at & made lots of profit from it.
The model now is non sustainable and we will have windows like this one every few years to balance the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.