Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be pretty silly if they didn’t mate, you’d essentially have two competing rules, wouldn’t be feasible or make sense. More than likely the PL would match it, the PL is essentially the 20 clubs voting.

Hope so mate these new rules would be good for us imo

so it is either Barkley on loan or him to replace Rodriquez lol.

indignation-jump.gif

I believe La Liga are also following the wages rule...70% for Barca off the top of my head.

@Neiler When you looked at the FFP stuff a week or so ago, did you work out how we would look next summer if we had zero net spend this year + our revenue and P/L were similar?

I think as we would lose the first of the three years were using now then we should be far better off?

Yes, bizarre and people forget that Townsend and Gray are on 2 and 3 year deals. That means wages in addition to sign on fees and agent fees.

Lets hope that Iwobi, Gomes and Delph are three of the players out.

In an ideal world, those three with Keane and Kenny along with Tosun would really make for a good sweep of the broom.

No mate, your only guess working projecting next season with the window open, some more will come in, more will go. Covid is still fluid and we don’t have the sure footing of this years accounts until Dec and Jan.

If you curious on the wage bill, you can subtract the annual wage and last year amortisation, into what we could save next summer, but your building sandcastles on shaky ground not knowing the the P/L situation.

Hope so mate these new rules would be good for us imo

Hard to know mate. Wages are the thing, they are the single biggest cost to clubs, in many ways transfer fees - get the headline but the real cost is in wages.

We’re operating at 77% wage to turnover at the moment. If these rules came in we’d probably be ok but need to drop the wage bill by just under 10%, I’d imagine though they might give a year or two lenacey to work toward this, they won’t just drop it.

Key is to widen your base of income, hopefully this would coincide with BMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.