Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Godfrey?

Mina is not our best central defender in my opinion.
I would have Godfrey and Keane ahead of him and that is what I think will happen when we play a back four.

Mate you are smoking crack during the game if you think Michael "can't track the flight of a ball over the top" keane is better then mina.

Our best cb pairing is statistically keane and mina. Then when kean is left on his own you get keane and Holgate vs man u, spurs or City. Mina is the general in the back line and he is constantly telling keane what to do.

Keane is fantastic in the low block but once you push up he just falls to bits. We cant have that type of player being our main cb unless we are planning on playing relegation battling style of football.

Mate you are smoking crack during the game if you think Michael "can't track the flight of a ball over the top" keane is better then mina.

Our best cb pairing is statistically keane and mina. Then when kean is left on his own you get keane and Holgate vs man u, spurs or City. Mina is the general in the back line and he is constantly telling keane what to do.

Keane is fantastic in the low block but once you push up he just falls to bits. We cant have that type of player being our main cb unless we are planning on playing relegation battling style of football.
First name on the teamsheet then?

TacklesTackles WonNo of Times Dribbled PastBlocksInterceptionsClearancesErrors
Keane31151274431982
Mina2512738131301
Godfrey56292585451350
Holgate65382255411103

edit: I should have put in how many games each CB played, Keane-33, Mina-21, Godfrey-29, Holgate-25
Just to add, I thought Godfrey had mad stats for not getting beat/dribbled past, unless it was his recovery stats?!

When did Mina become our best defender?
I keep seeing some people saying this and I just don't see it.
He has scored some valuable goals in his time but he makes far too many basic silly defending mistakes in my opinion.
He doesn't make mistakes, at least not to the extent you imply.

He's a very good defender IMO and just needs a bit of pace alongside him for balance.

My only concern about him is the injuries, but even this isn't as bad as some make out. The stats show we defend better with a fit Mina in the team.

Keane is a solid back up too and Holgate just needs to concentrate more.

TacklesTackles WonNo of Times Dribbled PastBlocksInterceptionsClearancesErrors
Keane31151274431982
Mina2512738131301
Godfrey56292585451350
Holgate65382255411103

edit: I should have put in how many games each CB played, Keane-33, Mina-21, Godfrey-29, Holgate-25

There was a metric posted where it showed the amount of points per game were highest when Mina started.

Godfrey came 2nd...

Spot on

Rude that zat.

even more so because he is correct, we spend far too much on wages, we’ve spent far too much on transfer fees. You’ve said yourself we need to be spending more net than we have to compete again the top teams in the league but we can’t spend anymore than we already have without breaking financial rules. despite having a rich owner, one thing we don’t have and we’re so far away from having is the big teams turnover and the spending ability long term that comes with it.
In fairness to Zat, the post he responded to was also very rude towards him.

I think we all need to take a rest if we feel our blood boiling. Me included.

One of Mina or Keane should be sold if there is a buyer

I think we should sell Keane immediately...ideally Burnley take him or even Brighton.

That would open up FFP for us to sign Bissouma or McNeil.

We would then still have Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite and...Mina.

Mina should be sold if he wont extend his contract...if thats the case then we could then bring in someone younger and with lots of pace so we arent so restricted in playing deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.