Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. It was shocking to see Beningame was on £8 a week while doing nothing for the first team. Counter that with others here who are on 100K per week and also doing nothing. They are on tens of millions per year, surely they can manage to live off that for the rest of their lives whilst stepping down and earing "only" 50-70k per week else where. I also agree that is not their fault, we offered them the stupid sums of money, of course they will take it, I just think that, if it were me, I would want to play at all costs and would rather move elsewhere on less pay in order to do so.
I agree with this.
People like Delph will have earned enough to last several lifetimes.
I don't believe that earning some extra money while his final years as a player are spent outside the first team squad of his club will interest him.

His ego will want him to be in the limelight and to be important wherever he goes until the day he retires.

I think someone like Tosun is different. I think he probably has not earned a fraction of what Delph has earned and needs to keep his earnings as high as possible for as long as possible, he is currently in the best contract he has ever had by some considerable distance which says something about us as well.

I agree with this.
I don't believe that earning some extra money while his final years as a player are spent outside the first team squad of his club will interest him.

His ego will want him to be in the limelight and to be important wherever he goes until the day he retires.

I think someone like Tosun is different. I think he probably has not earned a fraction of what Delph has earned and needs to keep his earnings as high as possible for as long as possible, he is currently in the best contract he has ever had by some considerable distance which says something about us as well.
Yep, surely Delph will do one

Easily better than BG, yes.

I can't believe that's even a question.
I really must be missing these top commanding defensive displays that Mina has made over this last few seasons i must have blinked. Easily better than Godfrey as well seriously? Maybe on a par but certainly not better and Godfrey has got time and will develop whereas Mina hasn't got better since he got here and isn't likely to. Also this might be wrong but Mina only ever seems to play maybe four or five games then he's out injured for a couple. For the future I'd be replacing Mina, Keane and holgate starting with holgate.

I really must be missing these top commanding defensive displays that Mina has made over this last few seasons i must have blinked. Easily better than Godfrey as well seriously? Maybe on a par but certainly not better and Godfrey has got time and will develop whereas Mina hasn't got better since he got here and isn't likely to. Also this might be wrong but Mina only ever seems to play maybe four or five games then he's out injured for a couple. For the future I'd be replacing Mina, Keane and holgate starting with holgate.
I don't know where to even start with this.

Godfrey has had one half decent season and is very young still.

So yes, currently, and by all available metrics, Mina is comfortably better and our most accomplished CB.

I agree with this.

Which is exactly why we cannot get rid.

TacklesTackles WonNo of Times Dribbled PastBlocksInterceptionsClearancesErrors
Keane31151274431982
Mina2512738131301
Godfrey56292585451350
Holgate65382255411103

edit: I should have put in how many games each CB played, Keane-33, Mina-21, Godfrey-29, Holgate-25

Status
Not open for further replies.