Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

It just means we have to buy somebody else in as good as or better, and that won't come cheaply in the current climate.

If we sell one and go with what we have I think it will be a mistake,.
Because Godfrey with one of those is the way forward and then we would have Branthwaite / Holgate as back up.

Edit: and Gbamin has played centre back too previously so we would be well covered.

How many do we actually need?

Last edited:

UiXAker.gif

Me watching other teams sign players [2]

Why?

It just means we have to buy somebody else in as good as or better, and that won't come cheaply in the current climate.

If we sell one and go with what we have I think it will be a mistake,.
Mina will probably need to sign a new contract or be sold. Next year he would be into the last year of his contract. I don't think we can take the risk, if there are buyers with real money is another question and at what fee.

I could see a sale of a player we may not expect to see leave, for a good fee, as it would instantly allow us a lot of wriggle room in the buying players.

I think they had hopes that Kean might be that person but that doesn't look certain now.
We could sell Richarlison but don't want to and there probably are not too many options left.

It’s a well informed guess however given the figures are freely available and Benitez actually said as much on his appointment.
We are perilously close to breaching PL financial rules, that is an inarguable fact.
It seems we have been here many times before over the last few decades with the club forewarning fans that we won’t be spending big and people ignoring the information only to be disappointed when the window closes.
Only difference is that this time it isn’t that we lack financial backing it’s just that we are prevented from accessing it due to previous poor judgment.
What did Benitez say on his appointment mate ?

I've not seen anything from the club ( or anyone reputable ) forewarning we wont be spending big.

UiXAker.gif

Me watching other teams sign players [2]
I think the transfer market in general is quiet so far.

The biggest concern I have is if Rodriguez goes. While most of us didn't rate our other attacking midfielder, I think it's safe to say we will not see him in an Everton shirt again. That means we've only got James or gray who can play in that position (unless iwobi has got his wish ? ).

I think we should sell Keane immediately...ideally Burnley take him or even Brighton.

That would open up FFP for us to sign Bissouma or McNeil.

We would then still have Godfrey, Holgate, Branthwaite and...Mina.

Mina should be sold if he wont extend his contract...if thats the case then we could then bring in someone younger and with lots of pace so we arent so restricted in playing deep.

Im astonished we're not banging on Brightons door trying to get them to use some of the White cash on Holgate - similiar type of age/profile.

£18-20 million for him would be a big profit on the books considering we only paid £2 million for him.

Im astonished we're not banging on Brightons door trying to get them to use some of the White cash on Holgate - similiar type of age/profile.

£18-20 million for him would be a big profit on the books considering we only paid £2 million for him.
Probably because they have a proper recruitment setup at Brighton that spans the globe and they will find someone for half the price who does'nt make the mistakes that Holgate does.

Status
Not open for further replies.