Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't.
We've waited 18 months to go back.
I don't care who plays for us.

I'm sure some will dislike it, others wont.

My favourite season as a ST was 04/05. We won loads of games ugly 1-0. I like us winning. I appreciate some like how we win, and will have seen Everton sides win with flair, style etc. I cant say I really have. I'm happy to just watch us win.

I have no idea how they are going to control it tbh, but it can't be a bad thing tbh it would at least rid the world of the likes of Allardyce and a few others and the dreaded hoof ball game

More like be just another way to keep the elite clubs with the most talented players at the top.

Football is a kin joke these days - thankfully cant see it changing if anything will be just less heading in training you would imagine.

I would imagine we are making teams sweat and hoping prices come down as we get closer to deadline. Maybe for example Barca accept a loan with bo obligation for Lenglet etc.

I'd also posit that Benitez doesnt massively fancy Dumfries. Maybe he wants a more defensive fullback.

Hard to know mate, we’d be guessing on Benitez and his preferences. He’s talked about wingers as opposed to inside forwards, like Carlo so maybe he want width from wingers as opposed to fullbacks. As I read it we have needs and preferences.

My take would be we have a limited budget. The biggest need at present is right full. I’d suggest we’re haggling for Dumfries or Aaron’s. What Benitez wants will be a factor to. That’s a need, but we’re trying to make the budget stretch. We can compete with Inter for Dumfries financially may be not on profile. Maybe the deal needs smoking out and the lad needs to decide on profile or money. We should be in there with the lad making a choice, unles another PL comes in. Aarons will go for silly money, so I’d suggest unles we have a deal out lined up we might cut our cloth unless we get money in.

I think we like McNeill, he’s a preference, I think we are trying to do both the deal above and this on a budget. I think it’s tricky trying to do both on our budget, hence all the delays waiting and why we won’t see anything happen until later in the window. We might not get both deals as we could be priced out. Burnley will look for good money and the juice might not be worth the squeeze.

I think we will look for a 10, James could go, Gylfi might not be available, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Counthino on loan with an option later in the window - that would be a preference too.

Of course that just as the crow flies, if we do any deals out that could flip, Kean going to PSG could turno boost some of that - but then we need a support striker too.

All the while we’re saving wages on Walcott, Bolaise, Besic and Bernard, until later in the window.

Hard to know mate. As I read it we have needs and preferences.

My take would be we have a limited budget. The biggest need at present is right full. I’d suggest we’re haggling for Dumfries or Aaron’s. What Benitez wants will be a factor to. That’s a need, but we’re trying to make the budget stretch. We can compete with Inter for Dumfries financially may be not on profile. Maybe the deal needs smoking out and the lad needs to decide on profile or money. We should be in there with the lad making a choice, unles another PL comes in. Aarons will go for silly money, so I’d suggest unles we have a deal out lined up we might cut our cloth unless we get money in.

I think we like McNeill, he’s a preference, I think we are trying to both the deal above and this on a budget. I think it’s tricky trying to both on our budget, hence all the delays waiting and why we won’t see anything happen until later in the window. We might not get both deals as we could be priced out. Burnley will look for good money and the juice might not be worth the squeeze.

I think we will look for a 10, James could go, Gylfi might not be available, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Counthino on loan with an option later in the window - that would be a preference too.

Of course that just as the crow flies, if we do any deals out that could flip, Kean going to PSG could turno boost some of that - but then we need a support striker too.

All the while we’re saving wages on Walcott, Bolaise, Besic and Bernard, until later in the window.

Said yesterday I imagine our business will look something like:

James/Delph out

Dumfries/McNeil/Coutinho (loan) in

Would be very happy with that.

I have no idea how they are going to control it tbh, but it can't be a bad thing tbh it would at least rid the world of the likes of Allardyce and a few others and the dreaded hoof ball game

If there was to be some restrictions on heading the ball, I think it would make the game awful.

I don’t think there will be any. If the issue is possible damage to the brain, then it’s been known about for ages, not just in football but boxing and other sports. People have died from playing cricket.

Hard to know mate, we’d be guessing on Benitez and his preferences. He’s talked about wingers as opposed to inside forwards, like Carlo so maybe he want width from wingers as opposed to fullbacks. As I read it we have needs and preferences.

I think we like McNeill, he’s a preference, I think we are trying to do both the deal above and this on a budget. I think it’s tricky trying to do both on our budget, hence all the delays waiting and why we won’t see anything happen until later in the window. We might not get both deals as we could be priced out. Burnley will look for good money and the juice might not be worth the squeeze.

I can see some loans later in tbe window, especially from Barca who will be in fire sale mode. At present it looks like the club are trying to push out the door potentially saleable assets. I wouldnt be surprised to see Richarlison go to Madrid, maybe on a deal that suits both parties for accounting. So with maybe Rodrygo coming in on a 2 year loan, with both deals prices inflated. Maybe another on loan too?

As for RB, mybgut feeling is Benitez doesnt fancy Dumfries, and may look for a guy like Di Sciglio. And yes I can see McNeil happening if we can move someone out. If not, we will just look for loans.

Lots to unpack there mind. I mean for Richarlison, we also have Kean, DCL, Mina & James who are players I could see us generating a profit on (to varying degrees). We may move more than 1 on too.

Theyve signed some good players but whether they automatically make up for Grealish is to be seen. You're right to say when he was out of the team, their form dipped. If I remember correctly it was bottom 6 form.

It did mate, they turned their for a bit around toward the end but they struggled without Grealish.I like Smith mind and if you look at it he’s constantly tried to vary it. I suspect he’s knowm for sometime Grealish will go at a point.

He’s balanced that side, good keeper, strong defence, good width from full backs, good strong core in the engine room and good creativity with Grealish and Traore. Watkins looks brilliant getting better and better.

Buenida and Bailey obviously brought into compensate Grealish, he will be a loss for sure.

Can pick & develop players and balance a team can Smith, might not be the best in game manager though tactically or system wise, but he knows the game and his teams are motivated and he has an eye for a player.

I see that Benny Baningame , recently of this parish, was voted MOM in his first game for Hearts today. Not sure he was ever given a chance to show what he could have done for Everton and could be another one that got away.

We’ll probably get a stop gap right back and end up overpaying for McNeil on deadline day. With James and Delph leaving.

All pointing to a very underwhelming window

Status
Not open for further replies.