Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are totally hamstrung in terms of spending, i bet our window is basically over

and regardless, between Ancelotti leaving, appointing an RS legend and worse off all the thing we cant talk about

this has been an miserable off season
No we will spend even if we don’t manage to sell. Obviously ideally they need to get a few off the books and kean being one would help. But Moshiri will buy late in the window I’d we need to. IMO

We’re doing a pretty good job getting total deadwood out and replacing them with better, cheaper options for the squad. If we can hold on to all our top talent, find a way to get rid of Delph and add two or more quality players we’ve had a top window.
We're still only up to the 'B' players. Need to look at 'C' before 'D'....

Bowler
Connolly

Benni 8k
Besic 30k
Bolaise 80k
Bernard 120k
Walcott 100k
Olsen 40k
Pennington 10k
Bowler 5k
Connolly 4k

Almost 400k per week off the wage bill there, over £20 mil per year, we were probably getting about 80k per week combined back in wage contributions from Saints for Walcott and Middlesbrough for Bolasie but still a significant saving.
How much is "he who shall not be named" on?

Ancelotti and his team as well. I know we now have Rafael, but I’d imagine we are still saving over the 2 management teams. And we supposedly got compo off Madrid
Yup Ancelotti alone was on £10mil per year, even if Benitez is on £6mil, similar to Moyes/Koeman/Allardyce we’re saving another £4 mil each year.
How much is "he who shall not be named" on?

Of the others most want rid off:-

Sig £100k
Delph £80k
Tosun £80k
Iwobi £ 60k
Kenny £20k

The problem shifting that lot is the time left on the contracts compared to the fee’s paid. Siggurdson was £45 mil on a 5 year deal so would need £9 mil back to not make an accounting loss, Delph was £8mil on a three year deal so we’d need about £2.6 mil back and Iwobi was £28 mil on a 5 year deal so £16.8 mil would need to come in to break even on him. Kenny would be pure profit but can’t see anyone paying a significant if any fee for him.

Other external factors may change at least one of these situations of course*

Yup Ancelotti alone was on £10mil per year, even if Benitez is on £6mil, similar to Moyes/Koeman/Allardyce we’re saving another £4 mil each year.

Of the others most want rid off:-

Sig £100k
Delph £80k
Tosun £80k
Iwobi £ 60k
Kenny £20k

The problem shifting that lot is the time left on the contracts compared to the fee’s paid. Siggurdson was £45 mil on a 5 year deal so would need £9 mil back to not make an accounting loss, Delph was £8mil on a three year deal so we’d need about £2.6 mil back and Iwobi was £28 mil on a 5 year deal so £16.8 mil would need to come in to break even on him. Kenny would be pure profit but can’t see anyone paying a significant if any fee for him.

Other external factors may change at least one of these situations of course*
If we gave Delph away for free we wouldnt make a FFP loss due to removing our liability for his final years wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.